IEM that has clarity with the best bass?
Mar 8, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #107 of 169
I've been wondering if it's even worth the $$$ to have someone look at my HJE-900s and get the one shell working again. I really loved those earphones and used them exclusively for over a year.

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #111 of 169
Actually, the Panys are good but not that good. There are better options available that I like more in that price range. For the $70 I paid for them on J&R blowout, they were just dandy.

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #112 of 169
I don't like the Panny's timbre much. Its bumped upper bass IMO makes the timbre slightly fake and intrudes the mids a little.

Granted, its timbre is better than many armatures at $100, but FXT90 has a better timbre overall to me, with a smoother highs and bumped midbass rather than upper bass. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #114 of 169

Quote:
I'm with some of the others one here in that the Yamaha EPH-100 would be perfect for what your looking for.  It has deep and very clean bass with outstanding clarity as well as a good sound stage.  Amazon has them for $129 but you can get them from Audio Affair for $115 and at that price there an absolute steal imo.

I am constantly amazed at how much bass the EPH-100 put out after burn in. They put out as much as my Pro-Coppers. I have only use them with my iPhone 4 and the EQU app so I decided to try them on my old Sony DAP player and they have so much bass that I could not use the Mega bass because it made the bass distracting. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #115 of 169
Im also looking for a bassy pair of IEMS. From what i have read - the EPH-100 cannot compete with Atrio MG7 and Sennheiser IE80, so i actually wrote them off my list. You guys claiming they are very bassy, what kind of music do you listen to, and what IEMS have you owned before?

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #116 of 169

Quote:
Im also looking for a bassy pair of IEMS. From what i have read - the EPH-100 cannot compete with Atrio MG7 and Sennheiser IE80, so i actually wrote them off my list. You guys claiming they are very bassy, what kind of music do you listen to, and what IEMS have you owned before?

However, if you're looking for bass impact on the MG7, they won't be able to provide a hard-hitting one. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #117 of 169
I have the EPH-100 and they do have really good bass but I wouldn't go as far in saying their bass monsters as more just bass heavy to some degree.  I listen to a lot of EDM so I need bass and the Yamaha's suit me great as its very clean with a really nice texture over all.  Now with a little bump in the EQ you can get them to thump pretty hard and it doesn't distort the other frequencies plus it just a solid all around performer in all areas. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back