IEM suggestions
Sep 30, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #16 of 29
Alright, well I think I've narrowed it down to:

UE super.fi 3: (picked up a pair from RS, cost $65 w/ tax) but I haven't opened them yet

ER6i: Where can I get them for $80 and are they worth the extra $30?

d-Jays: are they really worth almost double over the super.fi 3's? how much better are they? I did look at the m-Jays adapter, but didn't see one that said it fit the iPhone, but I could have missed it

Sep 30, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #17 of 29
I purchased my Ety's from ProVantage, though Amazon might be cheaper for you after shipping.

I can't comment on the comparison, never heard other IEM's besides Marshmallows.

Oct 2, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #18 of 29
well I decided to give the super.fi 3's a listen since I have them and all. (couldn't resist) and overall they sound pretty decent. The thing is that I can get a good fit/seal in my right ear, but I just can't get it to work in my left ear. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if my left ear is different than my right ear?

so the er6i's are more detailed then? but less bass? I don't think the super.fi 3's have a lot of bass
frown.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #19 of 29
Try a different size tip in your left ear. Even try out the double-flanged tips. Some people have different sized ear canals. One thing I will comment about the Super.fi 3's is that "no", they do not have a lot of bass, and when I bought the Ety's afterwards, I thought I was going to hate their lack of bass, but instead it was a cleaner, more distinguishable bass, and actually made me like them more than the Super.fi 3's. Don't take my word for it though, it's what YOU prefer not others. Also, look in my sig. you'll see a link to my Super.fi 3 vs. Ety ER-6i review, and it even has pics.
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #20 of 29
thanks for the info. yeah, I already have the double flanged tips on so I was hoping that i'd be able to get a fit. I have read your review.

That's actually one thing that I was concerned about. I was considering returning the super.fi 3's and picking up some er6i's, but was concerned about the lack of bass. I'm not a basshead, but I like a well defined and controlled presence.

Oct 2, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the info. yeah, I already have the double flanged tips on so I was hoping that i'd be able to get a fit. I have read your review.

That's actually one thing that I was concerned about. I was considering returning the super.fi 3's and picking up some er6i's, but was concerned about the lack of bass. I'm not a basshead, but I like a well defined and controlled presence.

I will definitely give a vote to the ER-6i's then...I really prefer the bass on the Ety's to the Super.fi's. I feel that the highs in the SF3's take over the low end freq's.

Oct 3, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #22 of 29
I'd definitely say the Ety's have defined bass, it's clear and precise, there just aren't gobs of it. Quality wise I'd pit them against my RP-21's any day, though I'd say they're a more dry sound overall.

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #24 of 29
Alright, new question. Should I get the er6i's or should I mod my marshmallows, use them for a couple of months and save up another $50-100 so I have a bigger budget. Will I be able to get considerably better in the $100-200 range?

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #28 of 29
well from what I've been reading in other threads it seems that the Denon AH-700's are the way to go. I can get them from Amazon, and since I have a giftcard the price will still be under $100 I just have to decide if that's what I want to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back