IEM suggestions wanted: Looking at SE535's, what others should be on the short list?
Dec 28, 2015 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GimmeCans

Head-Fier
Been ogling the SE535 Shures for awhile and am teetering on the edge of pulling the trigger. But I thought I would ask around to make certain I don't overlook a worthy contender in the $300-$500 range. I like a detailed, fairly-neutral-to-warm sound which most reviews seem to suggest these deliver. Not looking for Dre-style 'boom car' bass which is what I suspect the few people who complain about the bass are accustomed to. SE425 crossed off for reasons I won't waste space on here.

Isolation performance is fairly important to me which is one of the major reasons I have my eye on the 535 in particular. Shure and Etymotic have the rep as being the best in isolation. I am aware there are some custom options starting at around the same price range, but I have tried custom tips for my Etymotics (twice) and been underwhelmed by the results, especially considering the high cost. Currently, IEM-wise, I have Ety hf5's and the surprisingly-good-for-the-money-as-long-as-you-ditch-the-stock-gels-and-use-Comply-foam-tips Apple IEMs.

Any suggestions for other contenders that should be on the short list are welcome and thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back