1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IEM suggestion/recommendation

1. Focux
    Hi all, i have been using the IE80 and ATH M50 as daily drivers along with the PXC 550 (replaced my M50's). I'd like a IEM preferably within the budget of USD3-400 or so. Will be using the iPhone X and Fiio X3 Gen 1 as player. I enjoy all kinds of music and greatly appreciate female vocals. I seek a sound signature that is intimate but not too warm.

edit: i previously had the XBA-40's and really got sick of it's dark signature, before this was the Phillips SHE9850

Shortlist:

AK Billie Jean
    Fiio F9/F9 Pro
    Westone W20
    IE80S

Pls feel free to share your opinions! Thanks :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  2. Tadeas
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Colors likes this.
  3. Focux
    not bad! might there be anything abit higher end than that perhaps?

i've narrowed down to Heir Audio 3.ai S, AK BJ's, ER4XR, FitEar J111 and Campfire Comet

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  4. PointyFox
    I think you're going to be disappointed. The IE80 is great and just as good as some IEMs in the $300-$500 range. Even the SE846 wasn't that much of an improvement for me. The Campfire Andromeda on the other hand...way better.

Edit: A/B'd the IE80 with the Andromeda. Actually pretty close. The Andromeda has better soundstage and bass extension.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  5. Colors
    I second the Massdrop Plus.

6. serman005
    Campfire Orion

7. Focux
    :beyersmile:
    Oh dear, I presume the IE80S is not that much of an improvement then?

Hahaha I was looking forward to the JH BJ’s

8. PointyFox
    I've never heard the ie80s, but it looks to have much lower review scores on Amazon than the ie80.