IEM suggestion needed
Aug 10, 2017 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

WalkinRavage

New Head-Fier
Hi!
I am looking for suggestions for a decent interim IEM (under 60$) - I've lost the eartips of my superb Denon AH-C120's, and my local Denon reps say I'll take a month for them to be delivered. In the meantime, I'll need some IEM's. I listen mainly to rock/metal music (prog rock, hard rock, prog metal), oldschool electronic music (Jarre, Tangerine Dream), and a bit of soundtracks. Source is a Huawei P8 lite smartphone with Poweramp. I think i want a V-shaped envelope with decent instrument separation. A decent noise isolation would also be nice.

Thanks for all advice!

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 8
You should check out the SoundMAGIC E10C and the Beyer Byron. Those two are the kings of the under $50 range. Personally, I prefer the E10C but some reviewers have had a preference for the Byron. Maybe read about them and see what you think. It is possible one could work for you. Lastly, the VSONIC VSD3S could work for you. Slightly v-shaped. You might check it out, too.

Aug 12, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 8
You should check out the SoundMAGIC E10C and the Beyer Byron. Those two are the kings of the under $50 range. Personally, I prefer the E10C but some reviewers have had a preference for the Byron. Maybe read about them and see what you think. It is possible one could work for you. Lastly, the VSONIC VSD3S could work for you. Slightly v-shaped. You might check it out, too.
It is said by reviewers, that Byron has problems with earplugs, and VSD3S are crazy expensive where I live (around 80-90$). I think I'll go with the Soundmagic.
Thank you all for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back