IEM suggestion help
Jun 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Landon Watson

New Head-Fier
 Hey, im new to these forums, but I've been into audio for maybe two years now. Im looking to purchase a new pair of IEMs. I am currently using Shure se215ltds, and Klipsh s4s, but I really wanna get something really nice. Im looking into multi BA driver IEM, and am considering purchasing a pair of Westone 4rs. I listen to a wide range of genres especially dubstep, elctronic house, alt rock, inde, jrock, and classical (mainly piano and violin pieces). Since I wanna have a pair of IEMs that i can listen to almost any genre with, an IEM like the Westone 4r thats hardly colored sounds good. My main concern is the fact that they cost so much (380 usd). Is it really worth it? most of my music is between 320 kbps and WAV, but am i really gonna be able to tell a huge difference from cheaper IEMs? Also the Westone 4s cost like 320, is it worth the extra 60 for the detachable cable and acoustic symmetry? My audio sources are definitely good enough for higher end IEMs. How much better are the Westone 4 gonna sound compared to the 2s or 3s?I just want my music to sound as good as it can. Any suggestions?
       Also I really dont wanna spend more than 350, and I really dont think CIEMs are in my price range.

Thanks 

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
 Hey, im new to these forums, but I've been into audio for maybe two years now. Im looking to purchase a new pair of IEMs. I am currently using Shure se215ltds, and Klipsh s4s, but I really wanna get something really nice. Im looking into multi BA driver IEM, and am considering purchasing a pair of Westone 4rs. I listen to a wide range of genres especially dubstep, elctronic house, alt rock, inde, jrock, and classical (mainly piano and violin pieces). Since I wanna have a pair of IEMs that i can listen to almost any genre with, an IEM like the Westone 4r thats hardly colored sounds good. My main concern is the fact that they cost so much (380 usd). Is it really worth it? most of my music is between 320 kbps and WAV, but am i really gonna be able to tell a huge difference from cheaper IEMs? Also the Westone 4s cost like 320, is it worth the extra 60 for the detachable cable and acoustic symmetry? My audio sources are definitely good enough for higher end IEMs. How much better are the Westone 4 gonna sound compared to the 2s or 3s?I just want my music to sound as good as it can. Any suggestions?
       Also I really dont wanna spend more than 350, and I really dont think CIEMs are in my price range.

Thanks 

If removable cable isn't needed, why don't you buy the W4. The only difference between W4 and W4R is the removable cable. W4 is cheaper than W4r.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back