IEM storage ideas?
Dec 25, 2015 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

darkipod

New Head-Fier
Hello headfi.

I have a decent collection of In-ear headphones, I would like to have some way to keep them readily available to see and to grab, for example like with over hear headphones I have many headphone stands that I keep on shelves. I was thinking maybe something like a necklace holder. Id like it to look good and be functional so I came here to see what ideas you might have.

Thanks for your time.

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 22
I've been looking for something similar actually.
I know VanNuys makes something similar to what I want, pictured here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786746/2015-tokyo-fujiya-avic-autumn-headphone-festival-report-part-2-stax-sennheiser-and-others

Just not sure how to buy one. Any advice from our friendly neighborhood JPN friends?

Dec 26, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 22
I considered a watch box, but I wanted something somewhat more portable, like the VANNUYS briefcase.

That one looks pretty good for the price, though!

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #7 of 22

I bought this from Amazon: Caseling Universal Electronics/Accessories Hard Travel Carrying Case Bag, 9.5" x 5.25" x 2.85" - Blue

I really like it.   I believe I have 8 pairs of IEM's (in their cases) and two sets of the RHA metal tip holders, as well as various other foamies and tips all stored in the case.  If you didn't keep the IEM's in the case, it would hold many more.  I like using the cases though.  The box is tough, won't crush and has lots of zippered compartments.

Jul 24, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 22
Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #11 of 22
Adding to a very old thread but just in case anyone is still looking for portable multi-IEM storage....

This was designed for bands/tour managers to keep all the band's IEMs safe for travel but works just as well for personal collections. It's easy to keep everything together and to swap out IEMs and cables (or just admire the collection :) https://basal.co/collections/hard-cases/products/iem-manager?customer_posted=true#contact_form

basal.jpg

It's not cheap (USD $85) (but it was worth it for me).

Below is what it should look like with IEMs tidied away in cases. I have suggested to Basal that they should look into hard cases with clear tops to fit in the IEM manager so it bridges the gap between display / protect / carry for those who didn't get hard cases with their IEMs.

Basal_IEM_Manager_1_300x300.jpg

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #12 of 22
Adding to a very old thread but just in case anyone is still looking for portable multi-IEM storage....

This was designed for bands/tour managers to keep all the band's IEMs safe for travel but works just as well for personal collections. It's easy to keep everything together and to swap out IEMs and cables (or just admire the collection :) https://basal.co/collections/hard-cases/products/iem-manager?customer_posted=true#contact_form

It's not cheap (USD $85) (but it was worth it for me).

Below is what it should look like with IEMs tidied away in cases. I have suggested to Basal that they should look into hard cases with clear tops to fit in the IEM manager so it bridges the gap between display / protect / carry for those who didn't get hard cases with their IEMs.

Basal_IEM_Manager_1_300x300.jpg

Wow I've been looking for something like this for months. But it is a bit pricey though.

I personally store my IEMs in multiple small hardcases that I got from Aliexpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32859077614.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.18.424561438ONQSq
They are about $1.40 USD a box so that ain't too bad for my wallet IMO. Quality wise also not too shabby.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #13 of 22
Wow I've been looking for something like this for months. But it is a bit pricey though.

I personally store my IEMs in multiple small hardcases that I got from Aliexpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32859077614.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.18.424561438ONQSq
They are about $1.40 USD a box so that ain't too bad for my wallet IMO. Quality wise also not too shabby.

Oh those are really cute! I did look at similar cases (not quite as nice though) on Aliexpress but I wanted something portable where I could also keep all my spare tips, cables etc together in one place.

The price is the real downer with the case I got but I figured that if I could spend more than $100 on a cable, never mind the IEMs, then I could justify the expense. (There seems to be a lot of this type of self-negotiation in this hobby :o2smile: )

The owner of the company that makes the cases is interested in opening up to the consumer market though so he might look at bringing the price down if there is reasonable demand. I suggested he gets on here and sounds people out to find out exactly what Head-Fiers are looking for.

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #14 of 22
How's a 4 year old thread get bumped like this :deadhorse:

Aug 5, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #15 of 22
How's a 4 year old thread get bumped like this :deadhorse:

Someone looking for IEM storage ideas - finds the thread - finds a storage solution - thinks this might be the place to put info about the solution in case anyone else comes looking for something similar in the future.

Or was that a rhetorical question? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back