IEM sound change when I turn my head?
Feb 23, 2013 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RaiNWalKer

New Head-Fier
I am using a V-Sonic GR04 classic edition, it's the first over-the-ear style IEM I got. Anyway, when I'm using the IEM, sometimes when I turn my head, the sound will change, or worse, one side of the IEM will sound more quiet. 
mad.gif
 Is this a fit issue? or a problem with the IEM itself?

Thanks

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I used to have this problem with IEM's, fixed by using Comply foam tips. So i assume it's from bad fitment.

I just got some Philips medium size eartips and it solved the volume problem. Thanks! Funny how V-Sonic provide me more eartips compared to the others but none of them seems to fit me well 
blink.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 5
With silicon eartips, this is quite normal. My RE0 suffered from similar issue when I used them with Sony Hybrids. I think it's because of the nature of silicon being flexible and a little force would make them moved by a bit that causing the problem. That's why I never settle with tri-flanges for my ER4. Foamies are the way to go.

Feb 24, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #5 of 5
With silicon eartips, this is quite normal. My RE0 suffered from similar issue when I used them with Sony Hybrids. I think it's because of the nature of silicon being flexible and a little force would make them moved by a bit that causing the problem. That's why I never settle with tri-flanges for my ER4. Foamies are the way to go.

I do have a pair of foam tips, but it's a bit troublesome for me to wear, just a matter of personal preference though.

I found out that the V-Sonic tips are thicker on the front compared to others, maybe thats why it doesnt fit me well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back