IEM sibilance when gaming
Oct 15, 2018 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kwonberry

Head-Fier
hey all, I've been using some beyer dt880's and sennheiser 558's for gaming and as much as I love the bang for your buck open back sound of both, I bought a pair of Campfire Comets cause I was getting a little tired from having headphones on for extended periods.

I'm quite alright with the comet signature for music, but it's incredibly harsh for certain sounds from some games. When I play something like street fighter and there are high pitched hit confirm /chains/ anything else even remotely high, its incredibly sibilant, which was never the case with either of my open back headphones or my vanatoo speakers. even my lower end hifiman re-00 are tolerable.

Is this a common occurrence with iem's and gaming? I've been considering a Fulla regardless but if the comets don't work for my main purpose then I'll just have to return them anyway.

Oct 15, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 4
Comet is a BA and thus have that harsh BA timbre when used with monotonic game soundtracks.

I'd suggest getting a DD IEM instead such as the Final E2000

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 4
Comet is a BA and thus have that harsh BA timbre when used with monotonic game soundtracks.

I'd suggest getting a DD IEM instead such as the Final E2000
ah gotcha. so it does have a bit to do with BA's and game audio in general. tnx for the info. I have looked into a few dyanamic iems as well. chord & major, simgot and final definitely are on that list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back