IEM Score List 2023 - What's Your Favorite IEM?
Mar 13, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #112 of 379
  Everyone has a different taste as I have. My biggest criteria is coherency. Of course there are some other factors but for me the #1 priority is the coherency of the IEM. So based on that, I think the best that I've listened is the Oriolus. Angie is also very very coherent but it's not that good regarding the resolution and black background.

I suppose you would rank HD650 above the HD800 is it?

Not gunna lie there is a lot I disagree with but just from a quick glance, soundstage width of the S-EM9 being 8.5 seems obscure. I remember the soundstage was one of the areas which I thought the S-EM9 does worse than average against its competitors.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #113 of 379

I suppose you would rank HD650 above the HD800 is it?

Not gunna lie there is a lot I disagree with but just from a quick glance, soundstage width of the S-EM9 being 8.5 seems obscure. I remember the soundstage was one of the areas which I thought the S-EM9 does worse than average against its competitors.

And some people think that S-EM9 should be #1 without a question. Everyone has an opinion and it can't be the same among everybody.

Of course I wouldn't rank HD650 above the HD800. That's a redundant question. 

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #114 of 379
Have you heard the Noble Encores or Katanas? I would be interested to see where you feel they fit. Also, having just got them, I suggest checking out the audeze iSine 20s. First planar iems and they are wonderful. Not as wonderful as my noble encores, but their presentation, soundstage, decay, and full size headphone-like sound is fantastic.

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #116 of 379
  Any iem recommendations for metal with a bridget of USD1000-1500?
Besides Andromeda that is 
Thanks!

Obvious answer for that is S-EM9 mate.
Have you heard the Noble Encores or Katanas? I would be interested to see where you feel they fit. Also, having just got them, I suggest checking out the audeze iSine 20s. First planar iems and they are wonderful. Not as wonderful as my noble encores, but their presentation, soundstage, decay, and full size headphone-like sound is fantastic.

No, haven't heard them I'm afraid. IEM's will be added eventually when I listen to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back