IEM Score List 2023 - What's Your Favorite IEM?
Apr 4, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #212 of 379
So I just bought the Oriolus last night cause it was on a good price and very nice with detailed warmish coherent engaging sounding, and didn't know it will make it to this list. This is surprising but it's a really very good iem for the price itself..

Apr 4, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #214 of 379
For the S-Em6 V2 which ranked #7 why the tonality is 8 only? They are the most neutral IEM, close to reference Etymotic ER4SR. Should be 10+))

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #217 of 379
The timbre on the S-EM6 v2 is quite thinner than some other monitors. And 8 is not a bad score on that is it? :)

I woudl even agree for S-EM9 which you gave the same score, something is just a little bit off- Actually In this aspect I even somewhat prefer ES2 and ES5 (maybe more 'timbre' than 'tone' though- though less accurate overall, particularly with acoustic instruments they sound a little more 'correct' to me).

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #218 of 379
For sure this is very subjective. I did not like the K10 while I adore the S-EM6 V2.
Moreover, if you add a parameter like Bass speed/attack it may change the whole picture, many IEMs from the Top 5 (and espicially those with a dynamic driver on board) will lose.))

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #221 of 379
Wow, how did I miss this thread!?

Thank you so much for your efforts. Very well chosen IEMs, from the hard hitting budget models to TOTLs ranging from low-high bang for your buck. Most of them are very relevant to me as I either own or am curious about.

You rock, VF!

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #223 of 379
PEARS is so obscure that I have not heard bout it.... looking forward to audition it when I can get the chance..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back