IEM Replacement List
Feb 15, 2007 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TMusic

100+ Head-Fier
I did a search on this and thought that it would be a good idea to compile a list of which retail replacement tips work on specific IEMs. Has this been done before and I didn't see it? I have a pair ER6i and Marshmallow which I would like to get replacement tips for. Suggestions?

Feb 15, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #3 of 9
I feel foolish - that was pretty simple. Thanks for the response.

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel foolish - that was pretty simple. Thanks for the response.

don't feel foolish.. even if you ask what you think are "foolish" questions, people in this forum will always be glad to answer them
smily_headphones1.gif
people here are always glad to help
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 9
Have the ER-4P, ER-6, Marshmallows. Replaced the tips on my ER-4Ps with the Shure E1/E3/E5 tips. Replaced the tips on the Marshmallows with Shure E2 tips. The Shure E2 tips have a much bigger "hole" than the E1/E3/E5. I left the ER-6 stock since they are comfortable, but the Shure E2 tips would fit those too. Not sure about the ER-6i though.

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 9
danieln, do you like the sure tips more than the stock Marshmallow tips? I really don't like the stock tips on them.

My foam tips on my er6is are getting dirty and want to replace them with something possibly a bit wider in diameter. My left ear canal may be bigger than my right as I can never seem to get a good seal.

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 9
Yes the Shure E2 tips are a vast improvement in comfort vs. stock for Marshmallows. I think the exact name was Shure Super (or Extra??) Soft Flex tips. Got them from bhphotovideo.com.

For your different ear scanal size problem, you might want to consider getting 2 pairs in different sizes...

Feb 15, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back