IEM recs under $300?
Oct 10, 2021 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

SegaSanshiro

New Head-Fier
I've been looking for an IEM that fits my preferences, but I can't seem to settle on one.

To begin, my music preferences is rap/hip-hop (Kanye, Travis Scott, DC The Don), City Pop, and Jazz. Oh, and I listen to Earth, Wind, and Fire a lot. Like... A lot.

So I'm looking for an IEM that has:
1. Good sub/mid-bass that has tons of rumble, but doesn't sacrifice much else (I don't believe I'm particularly sensitive to treble though.)
2. Has mids that make vocals and instruments sound nice and clean

I currently use the KZ ZSN Pro X with my LG G8, and despite my 3 other IEMs I keep coming back to these. (The three others being the Tin T2+, BLON BL-03, and the Moondrop SSP)

One option I was considering was the Blessing 2 Dusk, but I'm not sure of the extra sub-bass creates enough rumble for me. (I know it's $320, but I'm rather lenient and also November sales are soon)

Any recommendations? Or does the Blessing 2 Dusk seem right for me?
Thanks in advance!
(Also I'm sorry if I used some terminology wrong. I'm relatively new to the scene.)

Oct 10, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 14
Keep an eye on the FiiO FD5.
It's a great all rounder and for me, it outperforms my D9200 easily, I've to say.
Also the headstage it creates is unmatched in that price range, especially as a single dynamic.

Oct 10, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 14
... Bravado MK2 does everything you want incredibly well, but it runs $800+.

Oct 10, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #7 of 14
I've been looking for an IEM that fits my preferences, but I can't seem to settle on one.

To begin, my music preferences is rap/hip-hop (Kanye, Travis Scott, DC The Don), City Pop, and Jazz. Oh, and I listen to Earth, Wind, and Fire a lot. Like... A lot.

1. Good sub/mid-bass that has tons of rumble, but doesn't sacrifice much else (I don't believe I'm particularly sensitive to treble though.)

I currently use the KZ ZSN Pro X with my LG G8, and despite my 3 other IEMs I keep coming back to these. (The three others being the Tin T2+, BLON BL-03, and the Moondrop SSP)

One option I was considering was the Blessing 2 Dusk, but I'm not sure of the extra sub-bass creates enough rumble for me. (I know it's $320, but I'm rather lenient and also November sales are soon)

Thanks in advance!
(Also I'm sorry if I used some terminology wrong. I'm relatively new to the scene.)

LZ A7.

It has tuning switches and nozzles to give 10 different sound signatures, from V shaped to U shaped to neutralish. So very versatile for different music genres and different preferences.

Good comfort, good isolation and very good technicalities.

Oct 10, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #8 of 14
LZ A7.

It has tuning switches and nozzles to give 10 different sound signatures, from V shaped to U shaped to neutralish. So very versatile for different music genres and different preferences.

Good comfort, good isolation and very good technicalities.
These look very tempting, though I must say that they look ugly as sin lol.
How's the default cable and eartips? Do you recommend replacing them?

Oct 10, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #9 of 14
Do you have the B2D? It's considered one of the best at around $300. A comparison between these two would be nice.
Sadly no.
But you can find some comparison in the dedicated threads, i think.

Oct 10, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #10 of 14
These look very tempting, though I must say that they look ugly as sin lol.
How's the default cable and eartips? Do you recommend replacing them?

Ya the shells look bad, like some fairy tale is written on the housing, but personally, I go for sound over looks. I mean when the IEMs are inside the ear, you can't see them but u can very well hear them. I've encountered so many other IEMs with beautiful looks but crappy sound. Different strokes for different folk.

Default cable and tips are good, comes with a huge selection of tips.

Oct 10, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #11 of 14

Thanks in advance!
Sounds like you need a hybrid, the Shure AONIC4 would be a good option in my opinion. You get that DD bass, and nice smooth yet clear mids that Shure is renowned for. Slight coloration and warmth to the mids, which may or may not suit your preference

Another hybrid option, Moondrop Blessing 2. It has a good all-rounder sound, good companion for most music genre. Although a bit boring after a while due to its safer tuning (at least for my preference)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #12 of 14
Ya the shells look bad, like some fairy tale is written on the housing, but personally, I go for sound over looks. I mean when the IEMs are inside the ear, you can't see them but u can very well hear them. I've encountered so many other IEMs with beautiful looks but crappy sound. Different strokes for different folk.

Default cable and tips are good, comes with a huge selection of tips.
Well, if you're the one making the rec, then i'd say it's worth the buy. Thanks!
If you don't mind me asking, what would you recommend for a lower budget beater?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #13 of 14
How low budget do you want to go for a beater?

My go-to IEM among my non-extravagant collection is the Tri I3, now replaced by the (more expensive and not necessarily improved) Tri I3 Pro. Click around.

But how about just double digits? There are threads on all of these budget IEMS below.

The Geek Wold GK10, around $49 (and maybe wait till November 11) has a mid-bass boost that you probably won't mind with R&B/hip-hop. If you do, Penon Audio has a 20 ohm impedance adapter for $8 that fixes it.

The QKZ VK4, under $15, got one of those out-of-the-blue recommendations from Crinacle. Some have complained about QC problems but what I experienced was that they are incredibly tip sensitive and, for me, need a super-wide silicone tip to make a seal. Otherwise they sound like garbage. Luckily your ears may be different, and if you get a good seal with included tips or have lots of tips to try, for under $15 they are pretty impressive.

There is also the supercheap Sony MH750, another Crinacle rave. Costs all of $9.50 shipped to USA. Non-detachable, thin, fragile-looking, J-shaped cable, tiny buds and widely counterfeited--stay off Aliexpress. I got mine from Spassear on Ebay, who appears and disappears. Head-Fiers have lately vouched for this seller as genuine:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304069747002

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #14 of 14
Well, if you're the one making the rec, then i'd say it's worth the buy. Thanks!
If you don't mind me asking, what would you recommend for a lower budget beater?

From your first post about big bass with rumble and clear mids, honestly it is not easy to find a budget set that doesn't have so big bass that the midbass bleed eats into the midrange.

U can consider reading about these two:
1) iBasso IT00 - u shaped set with big subbass. Mids are okay, not bad technicalities, but has driver flex. Driver flex may be a deal breaker for some.

2) urbanfun YBF ISS014 - v shaped set with textured and big subbass. Do note that this set has QC problems and some come with different drivers (noble metal instead of advertised beryllium drivers), and some report mmcx problems. If u dare to try it, please get it from somewhere with a robust returns policy, in case a lemon comes. Amazon is an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back