Iem recommendations under $50 (bass)
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

genpoker

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy an iem mainly listening for rap music, so the bass quality/quantity is very important for me but also without giving up much details in music. (mids/lows I guess:dt880smile:)
I had done some research and pretty much decided to buy soundmagic e10. But after reading some other reviews I have some doubts. Some people think that the soundmagic is not a good option for a basshead iem.

Do you have any recommendiations? Also the important thing I live in Turkey, so the recommended iem should be sold in amazon. Any answer will much be appreciated!

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #2 of 10
Well not a basshead but the KZ ATE are really not too bad. Have not heard the E10’ so can’t say. For the money the ATE’s are hard to beat at like $12 usd and the ZST’s are $18 have a bit more bass but a bit bright. Have a pair of ZS6’s on the way and they should be here Thursday and they are a quad driver iem with two dynamic drivers and two balanced armatures so we’ll see how they do. Not a basshead and mostly listen to iems at work but do have a few good pairs and don’t look for basshead qualities so I could be suspect. YMMV

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #3 of 10
I own the E10 and what I can tell you is that if you will take the time to select your tips carefully and get a good seal with them, their bass reproduction is more than adequate. It is robust. Not basshead, but robust. On the other hand, if you do not get a solid seal, then the bass will be inadequate in all likelihood. I am not a basshead, just for what it is worth, but I do appreciate solid bass response. I feel I get that from my E10 when a good seal is applied. YMMV, of course.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 10
Compared to the ATE’s how do the compare as I know you’ve tried or have owned them?

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 10
Well not a basshead but the KZ ATE are really not too bad. Have not heard the E10’ so can’t say. For the money the ATE’s are hard to beat at like $12 usd and the ZST’s are $18 have a bit more bass but a bit bright. Have a pair of ZS6’s on the way and they should be here Thursday and they are a quad driver iem with two dynamic drivers and two balanced armatures so we’ll see how they do. Not a basshead and mostly listen to iems at work but do have a few good pairs and don’t look for basshead qualities so I could be suspect. YMMV
I dont know the exact name of the model but iems that are over ear (the cable) are not my style to be honest. Also I have a over-ear headphone for other generic music types with a natural sound signature therefore Im looking for a basshead iem. I said under $50 but can go for 50 bucks maybe for $60 if the iem is truly worth it so it doesnt need to be around 20-30$. Thanks for trying.

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #6 of 10
I own the E10 and what I can tell you is that if you will take the time to select your tips carefully and get a good seal with them, their bass reproduction is more than adequate. It is robust. Not basshead, but robust. On the other hand, if you do not get a solid seal, then the bass will be inadequate in all likelihood. I am not a basshead, just for what it is worth, but I do appreciate solid bass response. I feel I get that from my E10 when a good seal is applied. YMMV, of course.
I am planning to use it with foam tips so that should help. Which tips do you use, any recommedations on that? I had seen some foam tips on aliexpress for a good price. Of course a comply tip will be better but they too expensive for me.
Also what is the sound quality in general?

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #7 of 10
I dont know the exact name of the model but iems that are over ear (the cable) are not my style to be honest. Also I have a over-ear headphone for other generic music types with a natural sound signature therefore Im looking for a basshead iem. I said under $50 but can go for 50 bucks maybe for $60 if the iem is truly worth it so it doesnt need to be around 20-30$. Thanks for trying.
Well sorry if I waisted your time. I just think over ear wires are just more comfortable and you do t no problem just say that in your post and you won’t get the recommendations for those.

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #8 of 10
Well sorry if I waisted your time. I just think over ear wires are just more comfortable and you do t no problem just say that in your post and you won’t get the recommendations for those.
Not a problem of course I appreciate your help. You are right maybe I should have wrote that detail. Because the normal ones are more common I didnt think of writing that.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #9 of 10
I am planning to use it with foam tips so that should help. Which tips do you use, any recommedations on that? I had seen some foam tips on aliexpress for a good price. Of course a comply tip will be better but they too expensive for me.
Also what is the sound quality in general?
I personally like the Comply but there are Chinese alternatives for less money outlay. I am not familiar with any by brand, but I am sure someone else here is. Maybe check the Chinese IEM thread and ask there.

I would describe the sound signature overall as fairly balanced with extended highs and a rich midrange that is maybe just slightly kicked back. And the bass is as I described. But again, you must get a good seal. Then, I suspect you will be happy with their bass performance and with the performance overall. It is a very solid IEM. A good value for the price-point.

Jan 10, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #10 of 10
I personally like the Comply but there are Chinese alternatives for less money outlay. I am not familiar with any by brand, but I am sure someone else here is. Maybe check the Chinese IEM thread and ask there.

I would describe the sound signature overall as fairly balanced with extended highs and a rich midrange that is maybe just slightly kicked back. And the bass is as I described. But again, you must get a good seal. Then, I suspect you will be happy with their bass performance and with the performance overall. It is a very solid IEM. A good value for the price-point.
Okey thank you. I had already heard the foam tips effect on e10 but needed a second opinion. I will check the Chinese thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back