IEM recommendations please (specific details inside)
Dec 25, 2009 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Wallmott

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I have been looking for a pair of good IMEs but im having trouble finding a pair that i really like. I have been listening to allot of expensive IMEs and while the SQ was very clear and detailed it was not really what i was looking for.

Im looking for a pair that has a "punchey and heavy sound" ofcourse detail and soundstage is also very important.

Im mostley listening to classic,alternative and progrock like Bruce Springsteen, U2, Nine Inch Nails, Rush etc.

Dec 25, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 21
IE-8 sounds like a match. Unless you are trying to stay clear of expensive.
Which of the expensive ones did you try that were too detailed and clear?

Dec 25, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #5 of 21
I did try the Ultimate Ears superfi5 and Ultimate Ears 700 and they both sounded great but i thought they were lacking a bit. The detail and soundstage were good but they were not very "fun" to listen to.

My prefered budget is about 200$. But i can go up to 300 - 350 if i cant find any cheaper that are good.

Dec 25, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallmott /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did try the Ultimate Ears superfi5 and Ultimate Ears 700 and they both sounded great but i thought they were lacking a bit. The detail and soundstage were good but they were not very "fun" to listen to.

My prefered budget is about 200$. But i can go up to 300 - 350 if i cant find any cheaper that are good.

Hi Wallmott The IE8 would be a good bet. My impression of the UE700 is similar to yours. They have a clean transparent sound with pretty decent treble but they lacked the "musicality" or "fun" sound of the IE8 and sounded rather dry in comparison. I found the UE700 geared toward the more analytical spectrum even more so than the ER4P. Perhaps I need some coloration to get involved in the music but I vastly preferred IE8, TF10 and ER4P to the UE700. This is all subjective so .............

Dec 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 21
Thank you guys, im considering getting the IE8.

Could you guys give me some cheaper alternatives? maybe around 200 - 250$?

I also did try the monster turbines, while i liked the sound there were not much of any soundstage there so it all sounded like it came from the same place.

Dec 25, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #8 of 21
You could read some Fischer Audio Eterna reviews. It's cheaper than the IE8 but sounds great, is fun and very well suited for energetic and heavy music. A lot of people are discovering this Russian brand now and everyone is pretty enthousiastic. I own the FA Evolution which is more balanced but still a very energetic 'phone.

Dec 26, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #12 of 21
it seems that soundstage is the most important thing for you from your posts,thus ie8 or ie7 are your best choice,they have the widest soundstage in any universal iem.you listen to classical also and i listen to classical so you probably know how much soundstage is important in this genres.you can buy ie8 from the for sale forum,here is one selling for 200$ http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/fs...?highlight=ie8

Dec 27, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallmott /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello!

I have been looking for a pair of good IMEs but im having trouble finding a pair that i really like. I have been listening to allot of expensive IMEs and while the SQ was very clear and detailed it was not really what i was looking for.

Im looking for a pair that has a "punchey and heavy sound" ofcourse detail and soundstage is also very important.

Im mostley listening to classic,alternative and progrock like Bruce Springsteen, U2, Nine Inch Nails, Rush etc.

Sir ,
When you ASk For a Recommendation ,Can We Know The Source you Used ,Source Selection Is Often Very Imp Factor And I See a Lot Of People Just Not Concentrating On This subject .Though I Am New On This Forum I Do Have My Audio Puzzle Cleared Up .
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back