IEM Recommendations: Over-the-Ear, similar signature to RE-400?
Nov 14, 2015 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

canetsbe

New Head-Fier
I've been looking into the differences in The Westone W30 and UM Pro 30 IEMs but wanted to check in with all of you to find out which of these may be the better option, or if you have any other suggestions in the $300-400ish range.  

I currently have the Hifiman RE-400 and really enjoy the balanced, slightly warm signature of these BUT I am looking for something that isolates a bit better and can be worn over-the-ear to reduce pesky microphonics when walking through the city.  I've been looking at the Shure SE425 and SE535 but the Westones seem to be equally well regarded and I can pick some up for a little cheaper too. It seems that the differences I was able to find between the two Westones is that the W30 are a little warmer, V-signature, large soundstage while the UM Pro 30 is more neutral, balanced, but with a more aggressive and narrower / shallower soundstage.  I have also heard that the UM Pro 30 has excellent imaging.  

Right now, I'm leaning more toward the UM Pro 30s as they seem to be a little more my preferred signature, but I was hoping for some input on this and your impressions if you have any.  I'm also open to other suggestions!  

Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back