IEM recommendations for around $100
Dec 12, 2013 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MaximusPrime

New Head-Fier
I just ordered the HF5 headphones which I feel will suit me well but, I need to pick up some headphones for about a $100 or under for my brother. The HF5 is a candidate but he is coming from apple buds and I feel he wouldn't like the cold ety sound. Also not sure if he will like the deep insertion of the HF5.

Some other IEMs I have considered are the thinksound ms01. Not heard a lot about these but they look great and are in my price range. The other IEM I have considered are the Klipsch s4i II. Which are only like $40 which is great, but I have heard some durability issues about klipsch. Are the S4 II's durable? I would hate to buy my brother some headphones and have them break on him within a couple of months.

Any other IEM's you would recommend? I would prefer them to be ones that don't go around the ear like shure's do. I don't like the look of those.
Some background is that he is 16 and is a big wrestler, so durability is an issue as I could see him wearing them while lifting weights or warming up before a match, no sweat drenched workouts in them but some movement that might test the durability of the IEM.

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 2
Got the ety's as my first serious 'phones. Glad I did as they helped me develope my tastes, yet today I'd rarely if ever use them. The shure olives help with the comfort, but still, I couldn't ever really like the comfort of those IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back