IEM recommendations anyone???
May 7, 2020 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DAPpower

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I like my Oppo PM3 headphones and run them balanced through my Lotoo DAP, however I really prefer the portability and comfort of IEMs as prolonged headphone use can be limiting and sometimes fatiguing.

I have been looking around in the internet for audiophile IEMs and I have come across a few brands but always see the Campfire Andromeda and Solaris mentioned.
Personally, my musical taste is jazz, rock and soul.

I'm looking for something that sounds musically engaging and full as well as accurate and close to reference sound.

Besides the Campfire Andromeda and Solaris, are there any other IEMs you could recommend or lean my attention towards? I have a budget up to $2500

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 5
Check out the Fearless S8 Pro, I love my pair. They have good balanced sound with bass presence, doesn't sound lean/anemic. I listen to everything with my pair and find them very enjoyable.

ktuCrsml.jpg

May 24, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 5
Hello everyone, I like my Oppo PM3 headphones and run them balanced through my Lotoo DAP, however I really prefer the portability and comfort of IEMs as prolonged headphone use can be limiting and sometimes fatiguing.

I have been looking around in the internet for audiophile IEMs and I have come across a few brands but always see the Campfire Andromeda and Solaris mentioned.
Personally, my musical taste is jazz, rock and soul.

I'm looking for something that sounds musically engaging and full as well as accurate and close to reference sound.

Besides the Campfire Andromeda and Solaris, are there any other IEMs you could recommend or lean my attention towards? I have a budget up to $2500
What sound signature are you looking for? Very neutral (UERR, ER4SR), neutral with slight bass boost (JVC FDX1/FD01, Moondrop Blessing 2), U-shaped (64 Audio A/U12t), slightly V-shaped (Sony IER Z1R), Harman tuned (Moondrop S8, Tanchjim Oxygen). Other great IEMs include QDX Anole VX, Hidition Viento, 64 Audio Tia Trio, Sony M9. Do you prefer dynamic drivers, all balanced armatures, hybrid, tribrid (with electrets)?

With that budget, there are so many great options, though the A/U 12t is a very good all around IEM.

May 25, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #5 of 5
Thank you so much with all the suggestions everyone! So I bought a Meze Rai Penta and Empire Ears Phantom to really compare them together.

The Meze Rai Penta fits great in ears but can feel loose sometimes. It has a laid back balanced sound signature but can still sound pretty detailed and engaging. I like it a lot. I can see myself really enjoying these because they have a balanced sound and don't sound fatiguing at all.

I'm waiting for a silver plated copper cable I ordered to pair with my Empire Ears Phantom because the Ares "2" 8 braid cable made the Phantom sound too muddy and dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back