IEM Recommendation
Dec 29, 2020 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

whirlwind

Headphoneus Supremus
I am looking for something with good slam, a fairly deep insertion and the shells fit flush or deeper in my ear than most and do not stick out much. $100 or less if possible

Thanks for any help.

Dec 29, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 8
I am looking for something with good slam, a fairly deep insertion and the shells fit flush or deeper in my ear than most and do not stick out much. $100 or less if possible

Thanks for any help.
I look forward to what people have to suggest, as I am interested too. :ksc75smile: I am thinking the iBasso it00, might fit the bill.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 8
Whether or not the shell will sit deep and flush depends a lot on how your ears are built. There are people who can comfortably lie on their side with the Moondrop Blessing 2 put in, while for me they protrude from the ear by quite a bit.

Dec 29, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #4 of 8
Whether or not the shell will sit deep and flush depends a lot on how your ears are built. There are people who can comfortably lie on their side with the Moondrop Blessing 2 put in, while for me they protrude from the ear by quite a bit.
This is true. @whirlwind perhaps giving us some examples of what iems have worked for you in the past would help.

Dec 29, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #5 of 8

Thanks for any help.
Consider the Final Audio E3000. It has tons of bass, good slam, and is tiny. It is a bullet shaped IEM, and the size of tip determines the depth of insertion. It has a warm, and kind of dark sounding tuning.

The Etymotic IEMs, FOR ME, do not protrude out of my ear with deep insertion, and the triple flange ear tips.

The Shozy Form 1.1 may work, as it has a small shell. It has a lot of bass slam, with a beryllium coated DD. I‘m not sure if it will be flush for you specifically though.

Dec 29, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #6 of 8
Consider the Final Audio E3000. It has tons of bass, good slam, and is tiny. It is a bullet shaped IEM, and the size of tip determines the depth of insertion. It has a warm, and kind of dark sounding tuning.

The Etymotic IEMs, FOR ME, do not protrude out of my ear with deep insertion, and the triple flange ear tips.

The Shozy Form 1.1 may work, as it has a small shell. It has a lot of bass slam, with a beryllium coated DD. I‘m not sure if it will be flush for you specifically though.
This guy knows his stuff, and has heard a bunch of iems. :wink:

Dec 29, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #7 of 8
I have TFZ Live 3 & KZ ZS10 Pro both of these work without any real comfort problems but they stick out a little. I saw pics of the Shozy 1.1 on Amazon and the shells look a bit smaller,but hard to tell from pics. What else is considers to be small shell iem’s

Dec 29, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #8 of 8

I have noted the above mentioned any other’s with small shells please mention and I will try to research

Users who are viewing this thread

Back