IEM Recommendation
Jun 18, 2019 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

marcus2704

500+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a IEM to be paired with my Astell & Kern SR15.

I listen to a mixture of hip-hop, electronic, R&B and classic rock so I would say that bass is important to me, but also sound quality and I look for a engaging, lively sound.

My shortlist is down to the below and I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on my picks, or recommend something else?

Campfire Audio Polaris
Westone B30
.. and as an outside option, a 2nd hand set of Campfire Audio Andromeda's w/balance cable.

Jun 18, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 8
Based on your genre's mentioned, and looking for "lively", I'd stay away from westone. I've had 2 westone's, they are extremely dry with light bass. I think looking at used is a good option too. Alot of people here rotate through iem's, finding what works best for them. Pretty easy to find lightly used equipment for a fraction of what it cost new. Lastly, if you're considering Andromeda, take a look at the Vega too. Bass monster, in quantity and quality.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 8
I would add to settle on a budget that fits you and start from there. I think for the genres mentioned a hyla CE-5 or TE-5B might be a great pick.

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #6 of 8
Actually a used Astell & Kern T8iE MKII could also match your expectations...

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 8
Actually a used Astell & Kern T8iE MKII could also match your expectations...
Or Beyerdynamic Xelento for that matter. Just a slightly different sound than T8IE.

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for all the recommendations, I decided to go for the Andromeda's along with my SR15. Will be picking them up next week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back