1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IEM Recommendation

1. marcus2704
    I am looking for a IEM to be paired with my Astell & Kern SR15.

I listen to a mixture of hip-hop, electronic, R&B and classic rock so I would say that bass is important to me, but also sound quality and I look for a engaging, lively sound.

My shortlist is down to the below and I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on my picks, or recommend something else?

Campfire Audio Polaris
    Westone B30
    .. and as an outside option, a 2nd hand set of Campfire Audio Andromeda's w/balance cable.

2. Patzig
    Based on your genre's mentioned, and looking for "lively", I'd stay away from westone. I've had 2 westone's, they are extremely dry with light bass. I think looking at used is a good option too. Alot of people here rotate through iem's, finding what works best for them. Pretty easy to find lightly used equipment for a fraction of what it cost new. Lastly, if you're considering Andromeda, take a look at the Vega too. Bass monster, in quantity and quality.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  3. kendosperling
    I would add to settle on a budget that fits you and start from there. I think for the genres mentioned a hyla CE-5 or TE-5B might be a great pick.

4. dairy
    Andromedas are great, especialy with the SR15, but I think for the genres you mentioned, you may not be satisfied with the quantity of bass on the Andros.

5. serman005
    A Vega could work.

6. surfgeorge
    Actually a used Astell & Kern T8iE MKII could also match your expectations...

7. starfly
    Or Beyerdynamic Xelento for that matter. Just a slightly different sound than T8IE.

8. marcus2704
    Thanks for all the recommendations, I decided to go for the Andromeda's along with my SR15. Will be picking them up next week :)