IEM Recommendation wanted $100-$150, not CKS77 or EPH-100 or GR06
Jul 7, 2012 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

denimjunkie82

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Sorry for another recommendation thread. I'm looking for an IEM with the following qualities:

- under $150
- clean but thumpy bass without turning up the EQ (I prefer flat)
- clean mids/highs, soundstage for the price (bang for the buck I guess)
- chin slider!!!!

I went back what must be 40 pages and can't find what I'm looking for. Some popular ones I've stumbled upon:

ATH CKS77 - these sound like the perfect fit for me...except no chin slider :frowning2:
EPH-100 - I'm willing to spend up to $150 for these, but I'm worried about the lack of bass.
GR06 - no chin slider!! Also a little on the cheaper side at ~$80, I'm willing to spend more if the quality is there.

I listen to mainly mix of rap and rock, but I can definitely appreciate acoustic and clean vocals if that's also helpful info. I'll be using this on the go and pair it with my cell phone as a daily work horse.

Any help would be much much appreciated. Thanks

Jul 7, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #2 of 8
EPH-100 don't lack in bass, they're quite punchy. I say you stick with those, they're the better IEM out of what you mentioned. or look at the Vsonic GRO7 MKII if you're happy wearing them over the ear. Don't be worried about the Yamaha's lacking bass in any shape or form they're far from shy in that area, plus isolation they offer would be perfect for your using environment. 

Jul 7, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for your info, H20. I think your assurance has made the decision pretty easy for me then. 

Anyone have have any suggestions I can check out? If not, I think I feel pretty comfortable defaulting to the EPH-100s.

Jul 7, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Thanks for your info, H20. I think your assurance has made the decision pretty easy for me then. 

Anyone have have any suggestions I can check out? If not, I think I feel pretty comfortable defaulting to the EPH-100s.

Yeah seriously, EPH-100 bass can keep up with the best of them.  You're completely safe. 
smile.gif

Jul 7, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #5 of 8
I have eph-100 so can vouch for them, they kick it with music house, techno, the bass is incredibly good, nice impact and punch, not boomy as my old S4's...i listened to some acoustic music by jesse cook on these babies last night, it sounds very involving and musical, i guess these are not suited for a detail freak though, good thing for me..

Jul 7, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanks, Swegab. I'm surprised and happy to hear that the small drivers in the  EPH-100s can still impress with the bass. My finger is hovering over the buy button...

Just to confirm, the EPH-100s have a chin slider, correct?

Jul 7, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Thanks, Swegab. I'm surprised and happy to hear that the small drivers in the  EPH-100s can still impress with the bass. My finger is hovering over the buy button...

Just to confirm, the EPH-100s have a chin slider, correct?

Yes they have a chin slider. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back