IEM recommendation. Sundara like
Aug 6, 2021 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Fkkk7

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I would like advice to help me decide between some iem.

I love the Sundara. I understand that item are not over the ear and I'm not looking for an open back item.

So far, I read about the B3 and also about the blessing 2/blessing 2 dusk.

The b3 represent the highest I'm ready to spend.

I already have the aria and ea3.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Aug 8, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 11
Thank you for the reply.

I cannot seem to find any compare between the final audio b3 and the moondrop blessing 2/dusk. Anyone has experience with both?

I'm suprise that they are never referred in a same review. In my mind they are in a similar price point.

Aug 9, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 11
I have the LZ-A7 which is a great iem you can tune to your liking. I paired this with the Ibasso CF01 and with a little EQ it sounds as wired.

A few days ago I got my Sundara and it was the only one which was as detailed as the A7 without extra warmth (this kills the details for industrial metal as in BMTH"kingslayer"). 7 other headphones failed in neutral, stage (voice sounded recessed) and clarity in bass. Got me an xCan as well to Add some bass and presence and I like this much more as the Ananda.
I heard the Ibasso IT07 as well and appears to be close to identical to the A7 only a warmer signature I didn't like which proves the A7 is not worth upgrading to me ONLY discomfort is the 5mm tip flange seems to be a tad too big for my canal which is tiring sometimes which would indicate a CIEM would be the only alternative I'd have to test first locally before ordering.

An other upgrade after hearing the Sundara could be the Shozy Black Hole to consider. It is an open back Berillium DD but the curve shows it is not a bass head BUT the Sundara might be a closer match after all. it is a well regarded iem for classic music which could be similar in bass as rock.

Having read a lot of iem reviews I have narrowed my preferences to these few and I was happy I could find the Sundara to be as analytical as my A7.

hope this helps,
Erik

Attachments

• 20210417_093219.jpg
    20210417_093219.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #7 of 11
Congrats!:ksc75smile:
You'd be amazed by the tuning options on this one. After 40hrs break in I ended up with the black filters and black tips to be the most natural and comfortable (black tips are the thinnest and shape best to your canals for long term sessions. The mmxc connector is nice as well this rotates the cable nice in between your ear and skull where a 2pin needs some bending. Remember they need to break in for about 40 hrs and the'll change very much.
I never use the POP always Monitor and a little EQ for the cold signature of the CF01 to compensate.

Good luck!

Dec 13, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #8 of 11
Thank you for the reply.

I cannot seem to find any compare between the final audio b3 and the moondrop blessing 2/dusk. Anyone has experience with both?

I'm suprise that they are never referred in a same review. In my mind they are in a similar price point.
I just placed my order for the blessing 2 dusk and I already have the Final Audio B3's...hopefully before the new year I will have info on them

Dec 19, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #9 of 11
Hello,

I love the Sundara. I understand that item are not over the ear and I'm not looking for an open back item.

Also consider the 7hz Timeless. It has narrow stage, but its a very fun sounding IEM.

Dec 19, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #10 of 11
Hello,

Awesome dilemma. Been in this one before....So right now I have the B3's and am about to ship them back off and have had the Sundara (2x..and both had issues). I want to go back to them so bad but I don't know if I can trust it so I settled on the Sennheiser 660s!.

But anyway.... I've heard Audiophile Heaven's review on the B3's mention that he thought that this IEM was a close sound match to the Sundara. I personally would have to disagree. The B3 is lacking every bit of the punch and sub-bass ability of the Sundara. It has great detail and very good sound staging and comfort. But my issue came from a $40 IEM I got, the Kz ZS10 Pros and they ended up being better overall than the $499 Final Audio B3's. They have better bass, better imaging, separation, power drive, and treble.

The Blessing 2 dusk I don't have nor have heard but I hear they are the ones to beat if you looking for something that matches headphone tonalities. I had them on order but canceled them because of the shipment delays in China. So good luck getting them any time soon. I also hear that they have a comfort issue for a lot of people so hopefully, you can wear them without pain.

For me ...I'm a little jaded with the IEM game and prices right now after this $40 IEM beat this $500 IEM. For me, there shouldn't have been even a single area lost to $40 IEM from a $500 IEM. IF I was to go with anything expensive from this point ...after my experience with the $500 B3...I would have to say the Moondrop Kato$189 would be the best thing smoking right now for the price and performance. But then again..people say the Dusk is the next step up if it fits your ears without pain, and that's the part that makes me step back. I can at least say the Kato's they sound better than the B3 easily. But again if they fit. They made my head hurt due to pressure build in my head for some strange reason( which made no sense being that they have two vents on them) but sounded amazing.

Dec 25, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #11 of 11
Screenshot 2021-12-25 002200.jpg

Ok...UPDATED...

Got an early Christmas Gift today. I've been testing them out all day and while a whole day of testing isn't a complete result, it can give you an idea.

Easy Wins:
1. Tuning on these IEM's are perfect and I haven't seen better...period!
2. Timbre is so realistic and perfectly pitched for voices and instrument representations.
3. Sub Bass a complete beast but once more impressive is the Binary switch style it has with bass when it's needed and when it's not being called for from the music. They sound completely different when tracks have no bass vs tracks that call for them.
4. Separation and imaging, one of the very best I've ever heard ...mimicking headphone capabilities very closely.

Concerns :
1. size of the nozzle could be a problem for small ears.
2. Default ear tips will most likely need to be substituted. I had to use Spin Fit tips before I could even get the proper sound. If I didn't have these ear tips I would have probably sent these back because the sound wasn't anything special at all because the seal could not be established(So make sure you have backup tips in place just in case the default ones don't work).

Extra thoughts: I have heard some people do not like the cable..but I found the cable one of the more beautiful things about this IEM. Love how it doesn't try to hold shape and especially love it how fits around your ears without a lot of thickness like other cables ( they make my ears sore because I wear glasses).

Final thoughts ....As long as I'm not thrown a curveball ...this is easily the best IEM I've tried under $500. Yes, it's better than the B3's and the Kato's or Starfields, Kz's, and anything else. It basically has all spectrums of sound and genre tied up. They have the right amount of weight and reliable material to be dependable under multiple situations without someone having to baby them and on eBay, you can get them for under $300( I did).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back