IEM recommendation please (specific reqs.)
Jan 11, 2010 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KettyKrueger

Head-Fier
Hi all,

After deciding to drop the idea of getting the Shure 840’s (in my previous thread). I’ve decided that as I listen to music mainly at work, I should really opt for some decent IEM’s instead (can’t wear headphones at work!).

I’m looking to spend around £80/£100 and my main requirements (other than SQ) are:

Ease of use; I’ve got a pair of Shure E2C’s and I find it frustrating trying to get a seal using the any of the supplied ear tips. Also I don’t like having to pull my lobe, tilt my head, slap my knee and chant the Shure song in order to fit them in my ears!! I’d like to slide them in and be done, whilst still having a tight seal and not compromise on bass (if possible).

Quality; I like the quality of my Shure’s. The thick cable and L-shaped jack are what every earphone should be like. I really dislike the cheap plastic that some companies use (OEM Sony, Sennheisers CX300II, etc).

Other; I’d also preferably like a 3.5mm jack and short-ish cable (just enough to go from my iPhone in my pocket to my ears). The Shure E2C cable is just a bit too long so I’ve gathered it up using a cable tie, I’d like to avoid doing this.

So if I can get all this AND awesome SQ, I’d be happy!

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Many thanks.

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by KettyKrueger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quality; I like the quality of my Shure’s. The thick cable and L-shaped jack are what every earphone should be like. I really dislike the cheap plastic that some companies use (OEM Sony, Sennheisers CX300II, etc).

I suspect if you want build quality, you'll want something higher end from Audio Technica. From what I've seen myself and what I've read, they are always solidly built from nice materials.

Although I haven't heard it, maybe the ATH-CK9 would be to your liking? : )

Audio-Technica ATH-CK9 In-Ear Headphones (White)

The reviews I was reading about them today seem positive, and you can get them in black or white to match your iPhone
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 4
RE0 with the single flange tips can't be beat. Just shove 'em in
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back