IEM Recommendation - Please Advise
Apr 3, 2024 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

antz123

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I had asked an year ago for an IEM suggestion. After a lot of sensible guidance I ended up with Truthear Hexa.

I got myself a PurpleSE cable to go along. I think cable is a fine cable, to my ears feels better than the one Hexa was shipped with.

Hexa, does not fatigue me even after multiple hours of listening. The sound feels musical and I prefer it to my other earphones (I have 7Hz Salnotes, and Dunu DN-1000). I am using a Hiby R6 Gen 3 as my source.

My music is primarily Rock, from classic to metal, alternative to indie, some Electronica artists like daft punk, chemical brothers.

I want to upgrade from Hexa, I feel Hexa lacks the punch of bass, and very times I feel the treble can be a bit harsh. It might be my listening preferences but I feel music could be richer, more engaging if Hexa was little more impactful on bass (not going to bass-heads levels not like 7Hz Legato) and tiny bit lesser on the shrillness of treble.

My budget is close to USD 120-150 (sorts).

Please give me some options to explore.

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 5
The Truthear Zero:2 I find a lot better than the Hexa and the kind of tuning your asking for. The Moondrop Kato is a real upgrade depending if buying used or new to hit budget. I have the original Starfield also and would take them over the Hexa any day.
The Sennheiser IE200 uses the same driver as the expensive ones but less resonance chambers. Incredible value.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 5
@dunring Hello, Thank you for sharing multiple options. The biggest problem, that I face is that I am in India, and the option to "hear" before purchase is relatively non-existent. Thus I try to figure things out via similar sounding or graphs to find the IEMS.

I googled but is Zero 2 = Zero Red ? I couldn't find the earphone by that name, however, there is a Zero 2 by 7hz, did you mean that? I had really bad experience with Moondrop, my two Chu just died in 13 months, my Spaceship one ear got muffled, and I was told it's metal earphone have to clean it up and that grill just popped off. For some odd reason that brand just does not work for me. I will for sure check out IE200, I had not even considered that one.

@earmonger
Artti R1, I will read up about it as well.

Thank You, to you both.

Would I get something a LOT better if I were to push up to 170$-180$

graph.png

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 5
Just bumping for some suggestions.

I had asked an year ago for an IEM suggestion. After a lot of sensible guidance, I ended up with Truthear Hexa.

I got myself a PurpleSE cable to go along. I think cable is a fine cable, to my ears feels better than the one Hexa was shipped with.

Hexa, does not fatigue me even after multiple hours of listening. The sound feels musical and I prefer it to my other earphones (I have 7Hz Salnotes, and Dunu DN-1000). I am using a Hiby R6 Gen 3 as my source.

My music is primarily Rock, from classic to metal, alternative to indie, and some Electronica artists like Daft Punk, chemical brothers.

I want to upgrade from Hexa, I feel Hexa lacks the punch of bass, and very times I feel the treble can be a bit harsh. It might be my listening preference but I feel music could be richer, and more engaging if Hexa was a little more impactful on bass (not going to bass-heads levels not like 7Hz Legato) and a tiny bit lesser on the shrillness of treble.

My budget is close to USD 150-180 (just pushing my budget to get some options).

Please give me some options to explore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back