IEM recommendation for up to 1200$
Jun 22, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #16 of 34
How do the Monarch and Clairvoyance compare to the Fibae 7
To be honest, Custom Art isn’t a big brand to me, there are some few fans, but it’s not mainstream. Fibae 7 7BA for $1500 is hard to justify😅 That fibae 7 doesn’t use Sonion EST driver which is nowadays some how mandatory gadget to pick.

For someone looking an all rounder IEM, I’d not gonna offer something with Etymotic curve which Fibae series offers. (disclaimer) It’s Just my opinion.

For $1500, I’d rather get Unique Melody’s MEST MKII, althoufh MEST MKII is not “get this and it’s endgame” type. It’s a bit fatiguing to listen for short-time entertainment.

I still find Monarch/Clairvoyance is no-brainer go-to if you are going to pick as your first high-end IEM for under $1000.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #17 of 34
To be honest, Custom Art isn’t a big brand to me, there are some few fans, but it’s not mainstream. Fibae 7 7BA for $1500 is hard to justify😅 I’d rather get Unique Melody’s MEST MKII straight, but I still find Monarch/Clairvoyance is no-brainer go-to if you are going to pick as your first high-end IEM.
That fibae 7 doesn’t use Sonion EST driver which is nowadays some how mandatory gadget to pick.
Ok I will look into the MEST then.

Do you know if hifigo.com is shipping to EU countries without any tax and import fees / vat ?

Otherwise it would be insanely expensive to import them at 1258€

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #18 of 34
Ok I will look into the MEST then.

Do you know if hifigo.com is shipping to EU countries without any tax and import fees / vat ?

Otherwise it would be insanely expensive to import them at 1258€
For shipping to EU, you may look musicteck. They can arrange those import papers.

No, MEST MKII is good in technicalities but not an all rounder, it is fatiguing for listening session over 1 hour.

My recommendation is Thieaudio Clairvoyance.

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #21 of 34
If its fatiguing than it's probably not for me sadly.
Yea MEST is like rock music. Energetic and fun, but if listening for a long term, it causes exhaustion.

Clairvoyance is well-tuned, works for most of audience for almost all genre of music.

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #22 of 34
Yea MEST is like rock music. Energetic and fun, but if listening for a long term, it causes exhaustion.

Clairvoyance is well-tuned, works for most of audience for almost all genre of music.
Mhhh well i most only listen to rock and metal for 99% of the time and I prefer an energetic and fun sound signature.

But at the same time I can't stand iems that are fatiguing because there are days where I just want to listen to music and enjoy it for a few hours straight.

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #23 of 34
How does the clairvoyance compare to the Monarch ?
Monarch is tuned to perform neatly for female-vocals, J-POP, K-POP, full orchestral, and EDM. Clairvoyance is tuned for almost all genre. So unless you are solely listening into those genre that I mentioned for Monarch, Clairvoyance would serve better. Their basic specs are almost same.

I see you love Rock & Metal, then Clairvoyance it is👍

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #24 of 34
Monarch is tuned to perform neatly for female-vocals, J-POP, K-POP, full orchestral, and EDM. Clairvoyance is tuned for almost all genre. So unless you are solely listening into those genre that I mentioned for Monarch, Clairvoyance would serve better. Their basic specs are almost same.

I see you love Rock & Metal, then Clairvoyance it is👍
Ok how good does it perform with soundstage / imaging / seperation?

I am really seeking for that big, holographic soundstage with 3d imaging and very good instrument seperation.

I just read in two reviews that there would lie the weak points and it would just be average in those areas.

I also wonder how the ISN EST50 will perform. Sadly I couldn't find any real review yet.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #25 of 34
Ok how good does it perform with soundstage / imaging / seperation?

I am really seeking for that big, holographic soundstage with 3d imaging and very good instrument seperation.

I just read in two reviews that there would lie the weak points and it would just be average in those areas.

I also wonder how the ISN EST50 will perform. Sadly I couldn't find any real review yet.
Holographic 3d imaging/wide sound stage / great separation is what describes MEST MKII. Musicteck offers free return if you didn’t like it.
https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/um-unique-melody
Just checked, they have like-new preowned (most likely some IEMs that didn’t meet buyer’s expectations and the returned ones) for $1299 USD.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #26 of 34
You can find a used U12t for that price. Maybe even a Trio.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #27 of 34
Since someone mentioned the Clairvoyance, if you wanted to split your $1200 budget to 2 IEMs, you may want to consider the Thieaudio Oracle. Similarly tuned to the Clairvoyance and it's $190 cheaper. However, there's far fewer impressions of it since it is newer.

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #28 of 34
Holographic 3d imaging/wide sound stage / great separation is what describes MEST MKII. Musicteck offers free return if you didn’t like it.
Just checked, they have like-new preowned (most likely some IEMs that didn’t meet buyer’s expectations and the returned ones) for $1299 USD.
Someone mentioned the MEST could be too fatiguing for me mhhh idk.

The price would be a deal, but musictek.com is based in USA, right? I would have to deal with customs and taxes then.

According to this review the MEST MK2 could be ideal for me and not fatiguing or harsh

https://twister6.com/2021/04/11/unique-melody-um-mest-mkii/5/

I have been reading reviews of the MEST Mk2 since I woke up today and I think it woudl really well fit my tastes,
I think I must have to give it a try.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #29 of 34
Can you tell me more impressions about the MEST MK2?

How good is the universal fit? The custom version is a bit expensive.
I think i have about medium/average size ears. The ISN H40 fit me really well.

How does it perform with heavy metal and rock music?

How big, wide and tall is the sound stage?

How well done is the seperation / holographics?

How forward are the mids? Or do I get a natural layered stage like a real life concert ?

A few reviews state that they would be not fatiguing nor harsh even after hours listening to them, is that true?

Thx

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #30 of 34
Can you tell me more impressions about the MEST MK2?

How good is the universal fit? The custom version is a bit expensive.
I think i have about medium/average size ears. The ISN H40 fit me really well.

How does it perform with heavy metal and rock music?

How big, wide and tall is the sound stage?

How well done is the seperation / holographics?

How forward are the mids? Or do I get a natural layered stage like a real life concert ?

A few reviews state that they would be not fatiguing nor harsh even after hours listening to them, is that true?

Thx
There is a dedicated thread, you may ask there, I’m sure many would be happy to share opinion👍
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/uni...ncement-and-impression-thread.924844/page-233

Users who are viewing this thread

Back