IEM Recommendation for Rock
Nov 4, 2009 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

geralt_ll

Head-Fier
Hi, need some advice on selecting next IEM. These are my choices: IE8, Atrios, UE EB, W3 and UM3x. I listen to rock mainly (metallical, Baroness), and derive great joy in being able to hear the harmonics, riffs and details. At the the moment I am using Livewire Trips (John Diles), and would not want to get one that is similar in sound signature. Would prefer an IEM that offers adequate bass.

I've read the threads on IE8 vs Atrios Vs W3, W3 vs UM3x, and at the moment can only rule out UM3x because it is most probably similar to my Livewires. UE EB also because of the fit.

For IE8, would the bass sound artificial? The bass is adjusted by controlling the amount of air entering, or by circuitry?

I enjoy the isolation that comes with customs, but feel that not having a resale value, and ability to "tweak" (using different tips etc) takes away some of the fun from using universals.

This is a relatively new hobby for me, do pardon me if I use any wong terms/ inaccurate descriptions. In pursuing this I may have to give up my other hobby (marine reef).

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #3 of 3
IE8 would probably be a good choice for you, the W3 work well with rock as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back