IEM recommendation around $400
May 22, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #16 of 37
@surfgeorge
Reading around about Mojo I see people reporting RF interference/issues with phones. Is this why you use with the HiBy? What has been your experience? I would use with a Samsung phone where the phone would always be in very close proximity of the Mojo.

May 22, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #17 of 37
I have not recognized RF interference when using the Mojo stacked with the iPhone 6s.
In that case the Mojo is directly attached to the phone cover.
Ok, I tried taking the phone out of the MITER case and when I stack them without case I can get a very low volume clicking noise.
With the case I hear nothing. Not sure if there's some schield integrated or if it's just the 2mm distance increase.

But with the HiBy R3 stack there is interference when the Wifi of the R3 is active.
That is louder and can also be heard when listening to music. Not loud but audible.
This is airborne interference, I can also hear it when there's no connection between R3 and Mojo, so it's not a cable issue.
Could maybe be solved with a grounded copper foil between the devices.

When Mojo and R3 with active Wifi are side by side there seem to be no issues with RF interference for me.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #18 of 37
@surfgeorge
Man, you are trouble!!
Went ahead with the Mojo as well. And purchased the type C to micro USB from Fiio. Will get all three the first week in June.
Told my wife it's all your fault. I'm just a victim!! Totally innocent!!!

Thought I'd give you an update.

Let me know how your Nobunaga evolves.

Cheers, and thank you!

May 25, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #19 of 37
@surfgeorge
Man, you are trouble!!
Went ahead with the Mojo as well. And purchased the type C to micro USB from Fiio. Will get all three the first week in June.
Told my wife it's all your fault. I'm just a victim!! Totally innocent!!!

Thought I'd give you an update.

Let me know how your Nobunaga evolves.

Cheers, and thank you!

Sincere apologies to your wife!
I hope she will like the music too!
Mine does! :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #20 of 37
Sincere apologies to your wife!
I hope she will like the music too!
Mine does! :ksc75smile:

She likes the music. The related expenses, though, are another story :)

Got the Mojo, HA-FD02, and Fiio! I'm psyched! Haven't been able to do a lot of listening during the week as it was super hectic at work, but initial impression is very good. Now that I'm home I will be able to compare to my Oppo PM-3 and Etys. Compared to the stock AKG that came with my Samsung S8 they are miles away, as expected. I'm on the fence with the amount of bass, although super tight and defined.

BTW, I know you run the Chord with HiBy instead of an Android phone like I do, but do you happen to know if Android Tidal can stream to Mojo? I can't. I get USB Audio Player Pro to do it, but would like to do so from Tidal.

Jun 9, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #21 of 37
Phew! I am relieved that you like the IEMs and the Mojo!
They are really good, both of them, but they also have to match your preferences.

About using the Mojo with Android and Tidal I am sure it is possible, I am using Mojo with Tidal from the iPhone with a special cable (Apple stuff...)
I would check in the Mojo thread, there must be information!

Cheers!

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #22 of 37
Phew! I am relieved that you like the IEMs and the Mojo!
They are really good, both of them, but they also have to match your preferences.

About using the Mojo with Android and Tidal I am sure it is possible, I am using Mojo with Tidal from the iPhone with a special cable (Apple stuff...)
I would check in the Mojo thread, there must be information!

Cheers!

Hello!
I thought I should come back with an update and a question

I recently noticed the JVCs opened up quite significantly. Compared to my Oppo PM3 they were lacking bass. Now they don't. It's more controlled bass, but not lacking, like Etys. I have to push them well into the ear canal, and my only reservation is the plastic material isn't slippery enough or soft enough, and after long periods I become aware I have something bothering in there.

I'm really liking them, though. Used the tape mod you noted.

How has your Nobunaga cable evolved? Are you still using it with the JVCs?

Thanks again for the tip!!!

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #23 of 37
I had the Kanas pro and returned them after I heard the moondrop KXXS. A tad better bass and more clarity. Others are saying this is kind of a sidegrade - just different tuning. I disagree, I think the KXXS is an improvement. Very similar pricing as well. BTW, I do not believe the Kanas Pro are being produced anymore.

For a little more money ($500) I also picked up the Oriveti OH500. So far i like them, clear (not bloomy or overpowering) bass and kind of mid forward. Highs are not siblent or piercing either. Mids definitely more forward than the KXXS. I need more time with them though I just got them 3 days ago.

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #24 of 37
Hello!
I thought I should come back with an update and a question

I recently noticed the JVCs opened up quite significantly. Compared to my Oppo PM3 they were lacking bass. Now they don't. It's more controlled bass, but not lacking, like Etys. I have to push them well into the ear canal, and my only reservation is the plastic material isn't slippery enough or soft enough, and after long periods I become aware I have something bothering in there.

I'm really liking them, though. Used the tape mod you noted.

How has your Nobunaga cable evolved? Are you still using it with the JVCs?

Thanks again for the tip!!!

Hi Horacio!

Glad you are still enjoying the JVCs!
The Nobunaga cable started to get really ugly from corrosion, quite disappointing for a $120 cable to be honest.
I experimented with a DIY silver cable, which had the best SQ IMO, but ended up using a silver cable from Aliexpress, which has good SQ, is cheap, robust and secure, but big, fat and kind of ugly (way too flashy)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc-ha-fd01-class-s-solidege.868414/page-21#post-14976571

I'm planning to get the "early bird" $250 deal JVC FDX1 from Massdrop on September 5, which is basically the FD01 with 3 nozzles with different filters(!) for slightly more than an FD02. Upgraded cable included!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-dual-carbon-iem-available-in-the-us.912737/

Cheers! George

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #26 of 37
Hey George.

I was looking into the links you pasted but aren't clear what the ugly Aliexpress silver cable is? **** 7N 4-core?

Regards
Yes it is. I didn’t mention the brand because later I learned that it is banned on HF because of their past conduct. I may add a photo later so you can see how flashy and big it looks on the FD02.

Aug 29, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #27 of 37
Yes it is. I didn’t mention the brand because later I learned that it is banned on HF because of their past conduct. I may add a photo later so you can see how flashy and big it looks on the FD02.

Would you mind elaborating on the "past conduct"? Does it refer to the maker's behavior on this forum, the seller's behavior as a seller, or other?
I would be willing to buy, but last thing I want is to buy a problem.

Thank you!

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #28 of 37
Would you mind elaborating on the "past conduct"? Does it refer to the maker's behavior on this forum, the seller's behavior as a seller, or other?

Thank you!

There is some information in the Forum that this (and other sellers) behaved in a way that got them banned, but I didn't figure out what exactly they did.

Aug 29, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #29 of 37

Thank you!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1978#post-14135342

General 'banned brand' info post^. Usually it has something to do with brands/resellers creating sockpuppet accounts to praise their products, that or badmouthing other companies or ad hominem attacks on users.

Aug 29, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #30 of 37

Users who are viewing this thread

Back