IEM recomendations for 5G Ipod Video --LOD--> Ibasso t3
Apr 12, 2010 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Trip.Rock.Post.Hop

New Head-Fier
Hello all,
so you guys were able to help me find a great portable amp. I can now leave my Grado 325's safe at home without sacrificing much sound quality. Im currently using Sony MDR-710's. Pretty decent lightweight headphones, but like every other pair of headphones I've ever bought, the left phone is now taped to the headset.... so i figured this time around I'll skip the headset all together.
I listen to lots of ~1990 hip hop, lots of classic rock, and new instrumental rock. Bass presence is KEY, which kind of scares me away from getting IEM's. is this an irrational fear? I've just never really used a good set of IEM's.

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Sorry everyone, I'm way out of it today. didnt get any sleep last night, but i cant sleep yet kus im going to a concert tomorrow night, and i dont wana be tired for that.
anyways....
Im lookin for something between $100-$200. If there is a significant quality difference in something slightly more expensive, i may consider it. the AT CK10 seem suitable, anyone used these with the T3 before?

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 5
ok, now im leaning towards the JVC FX500.
I swear i cant find anything on this forum about which IEM's sound good with the T3. I'm feeling inclined to check out the porta amp forum, but i feel like that will be more focused on the amp rather then the phones.
anyone used FX500 with T3 before?

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 5
alright, please stop shunning me and help me out. er else ima have to dive in head first to this purchase.

Im Prolly gonna end up gettin the FX500 but Im worried the T3 may make the bass overpowering because theres not much EQ control. I found a good conditioned set from another head-fier and will be basically paying $100 for them so overall it should be a good deal.
but for the last time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip.Rock.Post.Hop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone used FX500 with T3 before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back