IEM rating system
Nov 30, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by niknik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IPodPJ I don't know if you are being sarcastic or real too, but people actually read these ratings and base purchases on them (myself included) -so if you ARE being sarcastic put in some more smileys maybe?.
blink.gif
cool.gif

If not: I have not heard the Super.fi 5 Pro but your new ratings seems ok to me in terms of lows/mids/highs quality ratings if you consider it to be so -but the quantity ratings seems WAY off from what I have seen anywhere else regarding the Super.fi's..

In any case maybe it's time for you to change your avatar then
cool.gif

The only way to find out is to actually get the S.fi5Pro for personal testing.

I am very reluctant to post my ratings of the IEMs I've tried before (CX300, iM616, ER6i, ER4P, ER4P w/ PS cable, E4c, E500) simply because my tastes have changed with every IEM change. Your ears adapt to the new sound and as a result, you listen differently. IPodPJ's case is a classic one.

Also, there's the whole 'ignorance is bliss' thing: If you haven't listened to a high end pair of headphones before, you might for example think that your E4c are already very detailed. Then you rate the E4c with detail of 9/10, which is untrue. More examples: I thought the E4c had smooth mids until I got the E500; thought the K701 were extremely detailed, until I got my 404, etc...

This system is flawed, but unfortunately, it's the best we've got for the time being short of buying every single earphone in the world.

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #32 of 32
You know what, I was looking through the member list... and...
I just discovered this and am very confused, too. I have two names, because that's one of my old avatars...
but I don't remember that post, and if I did in fact post it, it sounds like sarcasm being as how I have always been a UE fan. Etys are great, don't get me wrong, but I do prefer UE.
So I'm just as confused as you all were.
That particular IPodPJ name should be delete, for sure. It only has 2 posts. Makes no sense, really...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back