IEM purchase help
Feb 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

brianhelfrich

New Head-Fier
I've been going back and forth between the Etymotic Research ER7-MC3 and the Klipsch S4i.  I am looking for an IEM that will be compatible with my iPhone 4 and have an in-line microphone.  I went through quite a few pairs of JBuds (great customer service, not-so-great product) and then realized I was throwing my money away.  Part of the problem is I'm an outdoorsy kind of guy.  I longboard, skateboard, bike, and ride a motorcycle.  The cable on my earbuds are always getting overstressed and invariably one of the ears stops working.  I'm looking for an IEM with a cable that won't cut out on me if it's put under a little more stress than someone sitting at a desk.  Or perhaps, an IEM with a removable (and therefore replaceable) cable.

I listen to a lot of jazz, underground hip hop, and indie.  I'm not a "basshead" and am looking for something similar to the relatively neutral presence of my Sennheiser HD598s.

I've checked out the reviews on the forum and am currently leaning towards the ER7-MC3.  Anyone care to weigh in on this?  I'm open to other suggestions, but I'm not particularly fond of the wraparound/over-ear IEMs.

Thanks very kindly,
BH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back