IEM/ portables cable ruined at the strain relief + other recommendations
Jun 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aragornmustdie

100+ Head-Fier
I have had two IEMs (Fischer Audio Eterna and Silver Bullet), both broke down at some point in their lives- you know, that moment when you had to hold the strain relief at a certain angle, you know it will start to die down until the point where any signal couldn't pass.

I also own an ES7 which after a while will develop such problems. The Audio-Technica here provides recabling when such problems arise; and for the worst case scenario I have unscrew the driver housings and recable from there. The point is it allows to be recabled.

But IEMs are pried/ glued; it's such a pain in the ass to recable. It makes me also reluctant to splurge on higher end IEMs given the difficulty of such. How does one go around this?

Second question... I am in need of isolation but from my experience with the aforementioned Fischer Audios.. I would say that IEMs gave me more trouble. I keep readjusting the insertion for balance as they are prone to slide away; and even worse for the Silver Bullets, they have that dreaded driver flex.

Now, should I give one more chance and seriously consider some higher end IEMs or is there any portable headphones that can provide a similar degree of isolation? ES7's isolation was pretty bad; but how do HD25 and DT1350 fare compared to ES7 and the Fischer Audios?

Thank you. Man it's been such a long time since I last posted here, Headfi has grown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back