IEM or earpbuds with nice bass performance (impedence >= 32ohms), price around 50$
Nov 17, 2009 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sivakrdy

New Head-Fier
please recommend. there aren't many.

i own a yuin pk3. they are good buds but bass performance, punch and dynamics are average.

the dynamics are extremely important. my px100 with E5 and d2(with some work on bbe settings) are sounding good to me (would like more if they have the treble as pk3).

i don't want to buy an amp. so something that sounds best straight out of d2 is recommend. i used creative ep-630. they sound good when pluged into headphone jack of a home hi-fi system, but out of d2 or fiioe5 they are just average. on the otherhand px100 or pk3 donot require a amp in my view.

note on pk3: They are very clear sounding buds but clarity with out dynamics is not so much fun. head-fi reviews are misleading, people get too analytical in reviewing things. music is seen than listened.

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 4
nuforce ne-6/ne-7m (same thing as ne6 w/mic) or if you can stretch your budget a bit, the klipsch s4. i just recently upgraded from the ne-7m to the s4, and i'm loving the s4's. i think they still provide a nice punch while not being muddled at all (which i personally thought the ne-7m lacked a bit of)

Nov 18, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 4
I think the hiss has more to do with the ep-630 individually, i second the nuforce recommendation but they are also on the clear, detailed side as opposed to the fun, lively side. I would also recommend the beyer dtx50. They can be found for around $50 and have great bass and a very warm, dynamic sound. They wont be nearly as clear, but hey, whats the fun in that? Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back