IEM Options?
Oct 25, 2022 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

JayDM

New Head-Fier
Picked up a pair or Moondrop S8 last week and I really enjoy the sound, however the larger/irregular nozzle just does not work for my ears. I wind up feeling fatigued very quickly, they leave my ears a bit sore if I wear them for too long, and the seal is just odd with my particular ears, either I struggle to get a good seal or they somehow seal too snuggly to the point where it effects sound negatively or just acts as an ear plug.

Not as huge of an iem tinkerer as I am with headphones, tend to stick to a pair for a while without the constant looking for upgrades/changes. The s8 was a bit of a whim purchase, price was great and from what I heard they would be a solid option to bounce off the Tea 2 I have been using for the past few months. Sonically I was right on the money, but the above mentioned comfort issues are looking like a deal breaker.

So looking for some options in the $500-$1k range, coming to find that I need a standard nozzle size. Also 2 pin connectors as I would really rather not need to re-purchase my preferred cables.

Sonically I find the Tea 2 I’m currently using to be on the fun or relaxed end of the spectrum, while the S8 sounded more lively, energetic and detailed which is what I’m looking for in a recommendation.

I know the Monarch mk2 is sitting at just about everything I asked for, however the only negatives I’ve heard about it have been comfort which makes me hesitant. If I was a bit more invested in iems I would just call it a day with a U12t, but with so many headphone/desktop items I’m looking forward to I can’t justify the price. Hoping to hear about what else is recommended by folks with experience with a variety of iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back