IEM Newbie - Recommendation Wanted
Jun 13, 2015 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

IHMEYERS

Head-Fier
I don't really use IEMs beacuse I never found them comfortable for me, but my wife and son can't listen with anything else.  I was looking for a recommendation on good IEMs for them to use with an IPod and Galaxy 5 respectively.  Wanted to keep it at less than $100 or $125 (especially for my son) because they're both pretty hard on them.

Someone has a pair of Etymotic ER4S in the sale forum but I have read where an Ipod won't drive those very well.  If that's not the case they seem like a good buy for me.

Thanks very much in advance.

Ian
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 7
My son listens mostly to Youtube videos, generally kids doing stupid stuff, stunts, fights, etc and football games he's watching on his phone.  It's really pretty sad that in a house where there is music playing all day long he has very little interest in it.

My wife is 50 going on 25 and listens to a lot of hip-hop, R&B, etc.  The kind of stuff most kids with Beats listen to.  She listens mostly to things she can work out pr run to.  That's really the only time she uses her Ipod.

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 7
I don't know much Headphones at these Price Range but I can recommend the following ones:

Soundmagic E10 (little bit bassy but very nice Headphone, arround 50$)
V-shaped, lowest price

Bayerdynamics DX160 (not my taste but a quite good headphone, costs arround 100$)
More neutral compared to the other 3 iem

Sennheiser Momentum in Ear (little bit bassy too but with a wider soundstage then the E10, costs arround 95$)
little bit v-shaped
very bolt design in my opinion
nice carry case
Not very comfortable to wear

RHA ma750i (didn't hear them yet but rha is always a good option, costs arround 125$)
Secure , comfortable to wear... Maybe best choice for Workouts

Sorry for my bad English :sweat_smile:

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 7
  I don't really use IEMs beacuse I never found them comfortable for me, but my wife and son can't listen with anything else.  I was looking for a recommendation on good IEMs for them to use with an IPod and Galaxy 5 respectively.  Wanted to keep it at less than $100 or $125 (especially for my son) because they're both pretty hard on them.

Someone has a pair of Etymotic ER4S in the sale forum but I have read where an Ipod won't drive those very well.  If that's not the case they seem like a good buy for me.

Thanks very much in advance.

Ian
smily_headphones1.gif

My son listens mostly to Youtube videos, generally kids doing stupid stuff, stunts, fights, etc and football games he's watching on his phone.  It's really pretty sad that in a house where there is music playing all day long he has very little interest in it.

My wife is 50 going on 25 and listens to a lot of hip-hop, R&B, etc.  The kind of stuff most kids with Beats listen to.  She listens mostly to things she can work out pr run to.  That's really the only time she uses her Ipod.

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

I usually don't like to straight up recommend an IEM, but based on your budget, genres of music listed and use ("both being pretty hard on them"), I would second Nicst3n's recommendation of the purchase of the less than $100 Sennheiser Momentum IEM.  For the price, it is one of my favorite IEM's out of all that I've listened to (in the less than $100 price range).  You can also try purchasing it at a place that allows returns, if for some chance your son and wife won't enjoy the sound signature.  Also, you can use SpinFit universal tips if the tips that come with the Momentum aren't satisfactory for your son and/or wife.  

Link is here for the SpinFit - 1 pair - http://www.earwerkz.com/accessories/spinfit-tips-1-pair
Link is here for the SpinFit - 3 pairs - http://www.earwerkz.com/accessories/spinfit-silicone-iem-tips-3-pairs

Good luck!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 18, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #7 of 7
try the shure se215, it works great with its sturdy build and detachable cable.

great isolation, great sound equality and great packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back