IEM - Mic Quality? Whats the best? S4i, et?
Jun 27, 2011 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

davidaxelrod

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I have spent much time reading reviews and ratings for a ton of different headsets lately. I went ahead and purchased the Klipsh S4i today and started using them. I think they sound fine -- probably an upgrade from the Creative 630's I have been using but I'm still going through the process of testing them.

my BIG concern and a question that I cannot find an answer too is the quality of the MIC itself for phone calls/conversations. I was a bit disturbed when a friend told me I sounded like I was in another room when i was using them to talk to him.

The Mic aspect is important as I am trying to find a way to work hands free with a headset. I tested the MIC and felt it was OK but did pick up every single room noise . 

I was curious -- has anyone rated the actual Mic quality on these IEMs? I'm trying to strike that balance. I considered the following:

S4i 
Woodies 
Thinksound 
AIAIAI Black Pipe w/ Mic

I've only had the S4i and overall I generally like the sound of these but am concerned about the Mic quality. 

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks for all your insights!

Jun 27, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 2
I asked a similar question not too long ago (here) and didn't get much response. It seems to me that this isn't a big issue for many.

I would also through the Etymotic hf3 into your list, I certainly hear good things about them.

I went for the SoundMagic MP21 in the end and they are excellent for the money. Mic not brilliant, but certainly better than the Meelectronics mics I've tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back