IEM Max 50 $
Mar 9, 2010 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lerio

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, I love my Sansa clip + but with my Koss Porta pro i ear almost nothing on the subway because of the noise
confused_face.gif
, so i wand to buy a IEM, budget Max 50 $

I just take a look at headphone . com and considering HeadRoom Value Rating + Customer Reviews Sony MDR-EX56LP and DENON AH-C452k seem to be the best, as i Love my Koss porta Pro i must ask you what about IEM Koss model for that prices too ? , feel free to propose other model of course
wink.gif

I want one who fit easily (no need to put it deep inside unless he'll fall..) and i don't like headphone who modified (adding bass..) to the original sound..

Thank's for you advice
happy_face1.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you like the portapro sound you might like the NE-6 sound, they have very good isolation

Look like i'll won't find them in France and don't want to pay 20$ shipping if i buy them on US online store
ph34r.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Well, since you're in France, take a look at the radiopaq jazz or maybe fisher audio stuff

Can't find any fisher audio headphone on France internet, i don't listen Jazz but i just find a radiopaq pop model, never ear about this brand, maybe i'll give a try
wink.gif

Just a simple question, as i said above i love the sound of my Koss porta Pro and the fact that they are lifetime guaranty i was about to buy.... the "plug" by Koss until i do a search here and.. why do you hate this model so much ?

Other IEM by Koss are better ? i'll prefer to buy a Koss model because of guaranty
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #7 of 13
No, don't give the pop a try. 'Jazz' is just a model name. They are great all-around IEMs. The Pop and Rock models are reportedly inferior, though I've only had the Jazz and Classical myself.

The Koss Plug is a pile of crap because it sounds muffled. Using different tips helps but there are $6 Chinese IEMs out there that sound better. If you want the warranty, go for it. But for sound you can do a lot better. I would maybe look at the Meelectronics range; they ship worldwide at reasonable rates.

Mar 10, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Koss Plug is a pile of crap because it sounds muffled. Using different tips helps but there are $6 Chinese IEMs out there that sound better. If you want the warranty, go for it. But for sound you can do a lot better. I would maybe look at the Meelectronics range; they ship worldwide at reasonable rates.

What about other IEM model of Koss under 50 $ ?

Mar 10, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

There is none that I can think of, other than KSC35/75's driver derivatives and their electrostatic headphones Koss has not much to offer.

Ok, problem with IEM is that (at least here in France) we can't change them if we don't like it, buy a IEM is a one shot, i don't have a bigger budget then 50 $ so i have to go right, that's why i'll feel more secure with brand like Sony (Koss but not after what you just said..) rather then meelec .com or Radiopaq jazz,

So can you advice me some models of Sony ? (i say some because not all US Sony model are available here in France
frown.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #11 of 13
Just discover PL30 while surfing here, and they are available in France, gonna run buy one so :)

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #12 of 13
Just buy them in a paris store (LDLC Paris in case a French ask) , impression in few minutes on anther topic

Mar 10, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #13 of 13
If it wasn't for popping/driver flex noises when fitting the radiopaq pop versions I think I might prefer it to the classic version so it isn't too bad. Using foams would probably help ideal with it for me but I don't have any with a large enough nozzle hole apart from horrible cheap Chinese things that I don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back