IEM Jazz/Reggae $150-200 few other things
Nov 8, 2011 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kali77

100+ Head-Fier
Hello All,

I am just getting into portable audio, been into headfi for a little while now though. So I just ordered a pair of Brainwavz M2's to get me started. However I think these will end up being more of my backup pair. I listen to almost all genre's but have a heavy tendency towards Jazz & Reggae, also like a lot of acoustic music.

Right now my home listening is PC(Foobar)-AudioGD Compass(Run via SPIDF)-Denon AH-D7000. The IEM's will be used primarily at work, and commuting to and from work, also sometimes at home at night before bed. Denon's would be used for more critical listening. Would I be able to plug IEM's into my Compass if I so desired? Or would it be too much power? Not really a big deal, the reason I ask is sometimes I tend to fall asleep while listening. So having an IEM that would allow me to lay on my side is somewhat important.

My current source is an Ipod classic, although that may change, been looking at some other DAP's, maybe Cowon J3 or Clip+. The reason for this is all my music has been catalogued into FLAC files on my PC and external hard drives ( 6TB's worth and counting :wink: ). So being able to move my music easily to sdcards is a huge+ for me.

So basically that is my situation and I have been reading a ton and am looking at the usual suspects GR07's, HA-FXT90's, Westone 2's, etc.... I used to have the Senn HD650's which I really enjoyed! I think if I could swing it the IE7 or 8's would be my #1 choice as from what I have read you can easily lay on your side with them and I am pretty certain I like the sound signature(but out of my budget I think right now). From the others listed above would I be able to lay on my side with any of them, or are they all too large? I am really looking for uncolored sound(neutral), I want to hear my music the way it was recorded, and a reasonably sized soundstage :-D. Thanks for any help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back