IEM: IE8|TRIPLE.FI10|SE530/PTH|WESTONE3
Sep 29, 2009 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

chekmanirov

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I am planning on purchasing a new pair of IEMs. I want to keep the price at <$400 USD.

I like to listen to techno, R&B, rock, pop, hip-hop, etc.

Out of the four listed, which you you choose for me? Or does anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

chekmanirov (from Canada)

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 14
IE8, Westone 3, TF10Pro, SE530PTH...........

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #3 of 14
is that an opinion?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #4 of 14
Use the search button, you don't give any info about your preferences. How are we supposed to give you advice, if we don't know what you want?

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #8 of 14
Actually these days genres don't mean everything. I know some who listens to those genres and prefer SE530, and even ER4P amped.

tbh imo you shouldn't consider top universals when you don't know much about IEMs. Research and start from entry levels, that's how I really enjoyed Head-Fi.

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TobaccoRoad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually these days genres don't mean everything. I know some who listens to those genres and prefer SE530, and even ER4P amped.

tbh imo you shouldn't consider top universals when you don't know much about IEMs. Research and start from entry levels, that's how I really enjoyed Head-Fi.

This reply makes the most sense. I myself are fairly recent to IEMs and ive had a lot of fun slowly making my way up the chain.

I would suggest though for the insane price the RE0's from Head-direct.

You can read all the reviews you want on this site they wont let you down, the search function works really good here!

Sep 29, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Similar Thread links just below the end of this page...

one of them,
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/c...xs-etc-396277/

very strange review. i cannot fathom a person who prefers ibuds to the 2x-s, a very good earphone, has stellar ability to judge quality

Sep 29, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #14 of 14
Westone 3 would work. It's got enough bass and nice enough mids/highs. Detail is also decent.

IE8 is the most exotic choice in a sense. It's heavily bass oriented (leeching into other parts of the spectrum) but will definitely give you the most bass impact. Its also got a soundstage to die for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back