IEM help.
Aug 16, 2015 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Miguel Escobar

New Head-Fier
Hello, I wanted to ask, as I am not very experienced in audio, what IEM's would you reccomend for me? Here's some general info and some IEM's I've tracked down:

I like rock music, (Nirvana, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Foo fighters and the like), classical and a tiny bit of electro...

I need good isolation as while on the train and the bus the noise really puts me off my music.

The IEM's that have caught my eye are;

Vsonic gr07 and bass edition
Hifiman re400
Rockit r50
Shure se215
Rha ma750
Etymotic hf5.

I like the experience I've had with my vmoda m80's (sound great, I really like them) but I need something even more portable. I'm also curious if my music would sound good on a balanced sound signature.....

I would like them to be around the 100 to 150 dollar range as import taxes are steep here. Anyways... Thanks in advance!

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 4
Check out this list: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/. Most of the IEMs you have listed are there, and their make/model names lead to a review. So you can get a feel for how one reviewer likes each of them.

Aug 17, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #3 of 4
Hello, I wanted to ask, as I am not very experienced in audio, what IEM's would you reccomend for me? Here's some general info and some IEM's I've tracked down:

I like rock music, (Nirvana, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Foo fighters and the like), classical and a tiny bit of electro...

I need good isolation as while on the train and the bus the noise really puts me off my music.

The IEM's that have caught my eye are;

Vsonic gr07 and bass edition
Hifiman re400
Rockit r50
Shure se215
Rha ma750
Etymotic hf5.

I like the experience I've had with my vmoda m80's (sound great, I really like them) but I need something even more portable. I'm also curious if my music would sound good on a balanced sound signature.....

I would like them to be around the 100 to 150 dollar range as import taxes are steep here. Anyways... Thanks in advance!

Haven't heard all of those you listed but I can recommend GR07, very good value and good sound, might be too bright for some but AC/DC for example sound insanely good with them... those riffs sound like heaven, so their "brightness" isn't a con in this case at all! Still I've read a lot of nice things about RHA as well... I'd skip Hifiman, for music you listen to they might be too boring, since they are closer to neutral sound... hard to explain but it's kinda thin, not the best option for energetic rock like AC/DC for example. And Shures isolate insanely well, so you might wanna check them double just because of that alone, really good isolation

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, a friend can gift me some ety eartips that are really nice. His etymotics have died, though they lasted 2 years and a half... I wonder if the gr07 would have good isolation with these tips? Do they even fit? I also would like to hear your opinion on the ath im02 from AT. Thank you, again, for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back