Iem help required
Jun 18, 2020 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dimmockg

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all

Been out the game for a while but just snagged an R3Pro dap. I now need some iems to complement the DAP.

Budget is up to £200, maybe £250 and at an absolute push.

Iems will be used with the dap and mainly listening to EDM, electronic music, dj mixes on sound cloud etc

Things I've had before....

Yamaha eph100 - loved
Flare r2a - loved
Final e5000 - heavy bass
Dunu dn1000 - loved
Shure se215 - ok
Ibasso it01 - loved
BGVP DMG - Nice sound, didn't get a decent fit

So something along the lines of the above but the next tier up so to speak

Cheers

Jun 18, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 9
Hi all

Been out the game for a while but just snagged an R3Pro dap. I now need some iems to complement the DAP.

Budget is up to £200, maybe £250 and at an absolute push.

Iems will be used with the dap and mainly listening to EDM, electronic music, dj mixes on sound cloud etc

Things I've had before....

Yamaha eph100 - loved
Flare r2a - loved
Final e5000 - heavy bass
Dunu dn1000 - loved
Shure se215 - ok
Ibasso it01 - loved
BGVP DMG - Nice sound, didn't get a decent fit

So something along the lines of the above but the next tier up so to speak

Cheers

How much bass do you want? BLON BL03 and TFZ No.3 have lots of bass. and are great fro EDM.

I really like the ThieAudio Legacy 3. It has less bass than either of those 2, but is better balanced and more refined.

Another reportedly great IEM, with exceptional bass is the UrbanFun YBF-ISS014.

Jun 19, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #5 of 9
Thanks all, I'll check the suggestions out

I like the right amount of bass, but id prefer it to be controlled and with a slam if that makes sense

Jun 19, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #6 of 9
Not that it means much, but I was bored and poked around the graphs on crinacles site. The eph-100, it01 and e5000 all seemed to measure more similar in bass than I expected. Granted the E5000 has a lower amount of upper mids/lower treble, maybe why they were too bassy in comparison.

The dn1000 on the other hand was leaning towards DF tuning.

The ER2XR kind of falls in between those, has some good reviews as well. The blessing 2 kind of does as well, but is out of budget. Tin T4 has a similar signature but probably a bit less refined sounding. The new KXXX or Hana may end up being good options, but no info yet. There is also the new IT00 as well. Audio123 compared it to the IT01 in his review.

I'm guessing you want sub-bass (rumble) and some punch/slam without muddiness or bleed. I listen to a lot of electronic myself. I typically have to pull a DB or two at 125hz to get the sound I like.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 9
Thinking dunu dk2001??

I like the right amount of bass, but id prefer it to be controlled and with a slam if that makes sense

Given your apparent preferences, I think of the one’s I suggested, the ThieAudio Legacy 3 would probably be best.

The DK2001 is also a good consideration, as well as the Moondrop Starfield (very similar to KXXS/KXXX, but a lot less expensive).

Jun 19, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #8 of 9
While I think I’ve only have heard 2 of what you had before the IT01’s and the E5000’s. Own the IT01’s and just heard the 5000’s. You are in that MidFi section sorry to say as I have not a lot of experience with.

Jun 20, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #9 of 9
Thanks all, forgot to mention I've had the moondrop kxxs, found them a little on the weighty side. Great iems though

I'll check out the other considerations above

Users who are viewing this thread

Back