IEM heartbeat
Jul 9, 2006 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

K2Grey

Headphoneus Supremus
For some reason I recently started hearing my heartbeat somewhat prominently, but only in my left ear, while wearing IEMs. I don't remember this having occured in the past months, for some reason.

Damn, it is annoying.

I kept trying to shift the left IEM around and pulled on my earlobe, or positioned it further in or back out in an effort to reduce the sound, but without avail. A fair amount of my music doesn't have a drum beat in the background to start with and so it's very annoying when one is added in, and only on the left side to boot (I think it'd be easier to ignore if it was on both sides, instead of calling attention to the left). I got driven to a minor state of craziness.

This does seem, from forum searches, to be somewhat common, though.

Any hope that I will develop the skill of ignoring it or that it'll go away?

Jul 9, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #2 of 6
Perhaps ur canal has been irritated by it lately for some reason, and thus it swells and is more senstive, and...

idk, just a thought. Maybe it's the way you started to place it in your ear; position/angle could have changed slightly...

Jul 9, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #3 of 6
yea i get that alot of well, sometimes i could feel one of my ears thumping with heartbeat, pushing it against the silicon tip of the IEM, maybe your earing them too tightly?

Jul 9, 2006 at 9:17 AM Post #6 of 6
I've thought about making little cuts into triflanges (in the flared part of the flange itself) to lessen pressure on the ear canal , or modding a Comply with an exacto to see if it's more comfy, but having gotten to it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back