IEM "Headset" with boom mic?
Jan 29, 2009 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

CageyH

New Head-Fier
Hi,

An unusual one for my first post, but here goes....
I have a Caterham 7 (Lotus 7) to which I am currently fitting an Autocom Pro AVI.

Usually when I drive the car, I use ear plugs or a pair of Shure E2's. I am fitting the Autocom so I can hear the Satnav, use the handsfree phone, car to car comms for longer trips, as well as listen to music on the go.

To achieve this, I need a pair of IEM's, with a boom mic I can use with an Autocom. Or a pair of IEM's I can attach an Autocom boom mic to. Over ear headphones don't work, due to the wind noise...

Ideally I want to retain the sound and isolation quality of E2C's (no point in much more, as it is a noisy environment). Does anybody have any suggestions?

I am aware that having IEM's may isolate me from traffic noise etc. but it is a risk I am willing to take, as the risk of losing my hearing without them is much higher.

(The Shure E2C's allow me to play music at a reasonable level, while still being aware of my surroundings, and make the longer trips less tiring, allowing me to concentrate on driving for longer periods of time).

Jan 29, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by CageyH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure if that is an EU/UK law though?

Yeah, I'm not sure either, I just know it is for most states in the US. It'd probably be something worth looking into though.

Jan 29, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #8 of 9
I have been using my E2C's for a number of years with no problems. I have friends who use the ear protector versions with no problems either. I just don't want big yellow cans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back