IEM Headset, which one of these?
Nov 19, 2011 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

l0zar

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've selected  a few pairs of headset basing on some review I've read but now is time to decide which one to buy!

There is some price range and some are in offer.

The only comparison I can do in sounds terms is with the koss portapro I own. I like very much the koss portapro sound with its rich and controlled bass. So I'm looking for a pair of iem that sounds AT LEAST equal to the portapro.

Here is the list:

Scosche Increased Dynamic Range IDR655m $40 in offer, instead of $100 retail
V-moda remix $40 in offer, instead of $80 retail (i like these very much in design)
Ultimate Ears 350vi $60
Woodees iESW101V $60, instead of $90 retail
Ultimate Ears 500Vi $70
Klipsh s4i $75
Ultimate Ears 600Vi $95 
Shure SE115m+ $120
Shure SE215 $140 ($90+$50 optional cable+mic+controls that costs)

Personally i like very much the shure for the professional look they have and the "around ear" fit and also for the quality of construction. But, unless their sound is incredible superior of the others I will not consider them because of their price.

I like the woodees for their wood construction and the cloth-cable but I read in many reviews about poor construction... and costs $20 more than v-moda and Scosche

Finally I like very much the V-moda for their aluminum design and for the fact that they include two special clips that is useful in sport activities. 

I'm interested in these key features:
- good sound (similar to koss portapro, rich controlled bass and mids but also high detail)
- good isolation
- low microphonics
- good quality construction

Any suggestion from someone who have tried them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back