IEM/headphones, portable audio (FLAC on Iaudio X5)
Jun 17, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #16 of 24
Get the Ety ER4P like the other dude said. They are great with the X5.

Jun 17, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #17 of 24
Look... if u get er4p.. i think u dont even need upgrading for a long time. Its easily driven by the jack on the laptop. And ety er4p used has a v v good price.
Headphones can never beat er4p for isolation, i find myself not wanting to fly without er4p. Just a side note, i bought er4p before i was transcripted, and i was wearing them at the shooting range. Everybody thought they are juz earplugs, but i was actually listening to some gross rap abt killing and mudering while firing away at those targets with a semi auto rifle. Isolation wise you juz cant beat er4p for that kind of price. And er4p offers such fantastic synergy with all korean players i dont know y. JUST GET IT AND U WONT REGRET IT!

Jun 17, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig
Look... if u get er4p.. i think u dont even need upgrading for a long time. Its easily driven by the jack on the laptop. And ety er4p used has a v v good price.
Headphones can never beat er4p for isolation, i find myself not wanting to fly without er4p. Just a side note, i bought er4p before i was transcripted, and i was wearing them at the shooting range. Everybody thought they are juz earplugs, but i was actually listening to some gross rap abt killing and mudering while firing away at those targets with a semi auto rifle. Isolation wise you juz cant beat er4p for that kind of price. And er4p offers such fantastic synergy with all korean players i dont know y. JUST GET IT AND U WONT REGRET IT!

Do you work for Etymotic? :lol:

Voodoo Rufus: if you go with the ER4P you can get the "S" cable and use it out of an amp for even better sound.

Jun 17, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #19 of 24
I only recommended the UE Super.fi 5 pro's based on the OP's comments about boosting bass for headphones to get more "feeling". As I said before, I never heard the Etys, but based on opinions here, they are more "neutral", and although the bass is good, it might be too little of it for him.

Jun 17, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by cribeiro
I only recommended the UE Super.fi 5 pro's based on the OP's comments about boosting bass for headphones to get more "feeling". As I said before, I never heard the Etys, but based on opinions here, they are more "neutral", and although the bass is good, it might be too little of it for him.

Yeah actually the Etys and the SuperFi will be over his alloted $100. Maybe the UM1s like the zotjen posted.

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:51 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Yeah actually the Etys and the SuperFi will be over his alloted $100. Maybe the UM1s like the zotjen posted.

You are right but... He also said he has the money, he is just not sure if it is worth to spend it
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by cribeiro
You are right but... He also said he has the money, he is just not sure if it is worth to spend it
very_evil_smiley.gif

One should always spend money, here at HeadFi.

To the OP: Get the Etys.

Jun 19, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #23 of 24
Nope, no Ety's.

Just submitted my order for the iaudio 60GB and senn cx-300b on Newegg.

If I like IEMs, then I'll upgrade down the road.

Thanks for all the replies and opinions. They are appreciated.

Jun 24, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #24 of 24
Got my new toys yesterday. I love the iAudio. Got used to the controls and uploaded all my music.

The stock earbuds aren't bad, and rather comfortable. But missing some high freq. detail.

The Sennheiser's are different. They are bass heavy, but rather pleasant to listen to. They require no equalization or bass management. For portable listening I'll enjoy them if I can figure out a comfortable position for them, which is difficult. I'd prefer something a little less exaggerated on the bass, but they'll do the job I bought them for for the near future. I'd compare them to a good car audio system I think. Midrange and high end detail is there sufficiently as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back