IEM frequency ranges
May 4, 2006 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Francisco

100+ Head-Fier
I was browsing the site as I want to buy a new set of IEMs and it seems that, bellow 60euros, CX300 and EP630 are the way to go. I read the specs in both their sites and it seems that ep630 has a frequencie range of 8-23khz and CX300 of 18-23Khz. Does this difference between low end frequencies will actually make them sound distinct from eachother?

Even for people that dont have "golden-ears" would these differences be noticeable when it comes to other kinds of headphones, like portable for example,not the high-end stuff?

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

May 4, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Francisco
Does this difference between low end frequencies will actually make them sound distinct from eachother?

Even for people that dont have "golden-ears" would these differences be noticeable when it comes to other kinds of headphones, like portable for example,not the high-end stuff?

By all accounts, they do sound distinct, and the difference is noticeable, but that has nothing to do with the frequency range. The numbers they are quoting are meaningless.

May 4, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 3
Theoretically we're unable to hear anything below 20 Hz. Plus, this limit is usally higher for the average listener. Plus, I seriously doubt the Creatives (or any earphones) can deliver 8 Hz "sounds"
rolleyes.gif

I'm sure you could notice differences in the bass response, but specs won't tell you which one is better to your ears, the only way is test them. Or read other people tests...

The bottom line: I'd go for the Senns
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back