IEM For Under ~£70, Unsure Of Choices.
Dec 22, 2011 at 9:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dunks

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm currently on the look out for some IEM's priced under £70.

I've been looking at the Brainwavz M4, MEElectronics A151's, Head Direct RE0 and I'm having a hard time actually choosing between them! I'm also on the look out for any reccomendations within the price range.

I don't really have a particular type of music I listen to, it varies from quite bassy dubstep to classical music, so I'm after something of a jack of all trades IEM. I'm also struggling with conflicting reports of some headphones being fairly neutral and having the music played as it was mixed, and some headphones adding a bit more bass/treble/etc, I'm leaning towards having a natural sound I think.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Dec 22, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #2 of 6
Take a look at Vsonic GR06. You can get them at Frogbeats. A younger brother to the GR07, they are getting rave reviews on here at the moment. Very clear mids and terrific sparkly treble. Nice bass too; smooth and textured, and not remotely thumpy. Comes with an astonishing set of accessories and quite easily bests my Senn IE7's which cost four times as much at the time. They're only £32 with free postage and you'll have to spend upwards of £70 to find something as good as them.

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #3 of 6
I will recommend the RE0 if you are using AMPs and they will improve with more volume, better bass and overall clarity. The M4 are highly recommended if using without AMPs and want great clarity with extended highs and deep punchy bass(both sound natural and very detailed).

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the reply guys. I currently do not have an AMP, my main listening will be through my laptop (standard sony vaio onboard sound), iPad 2. I'm currently toying with the idea of going for a Sansa Clip as I'm hearing good things about them for the price.

If I were to get a Sansa Clip, is there an AMP which would work well with the Clip and RE0's?

And I'll look up the Vsonic GR06's, they sound good!

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #6 of 6
I think I'm gonna go with the M4's. It's quite a task choosing a pair as there's so many differing opinions and tastes with each review, I guess the best way is to just buy them and listen to the,, hopefully I wont be disappointed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back