IEM for sleeping needed
Mar 3, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #16 of 23
another vote for the westone ums. i got my um1s specifically for the low profileness and isolation. i had experience with shure e2cs and e3cs, but they didn't stay in as well as the ums and i felt that they were a measure more bulky feeling than my ums. i don't think you can go wrong there.

Mar 3, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #17 of 23
Are the UM1's smaller than the UM2's?

I routinely fall asleep with the UM2, E500, E5, and Triplfi's, though the Triplefi's
are not as comfortable as the other three. The Triplefi's require the reverse cable mod.

Mar 5, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #19 of 23
I decided on the Sony ex71s based on the other sleep thread I found here. I already have a decent pair of IEMs in my Etys ER-4Ps, so I am not looking to spend that much. I also plan on some new custom IEMs next year (UE, sensa, westone perhaps, we'll see what's available) as I get my PhD this year, and with it should come a much bigger salary. I am really hoping to see if the Westones with the 3 way system makes it out as a custom, and I can;t wait to hear the reviews. I may just jump right on that and be among the first if the timing is right.

So thanks for all the advice guys (guys = gender non-specific).

rob

Mar 6, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #20 of 23
I used to sleep with my UM1's often. My house was being remodeled at the time. Specifically, the bathroom next to my room. All of the hammering and drilling was gone with the UM1's in. The construction was just on the other side of the wall, which is about six inches to one meter away from me (depending on my position on the bed.)

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #21 of 23
maybe you can try jvc marshmallows? they are cheap that you might not mind breaking them while sleeping. offers good sound too
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #23 of 23
I always sleep with my marshmallows in, it takes a few tries, but i can usually position my head so i dont feel them at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back