IEM for my X5
Jun 1, 2007 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Novacane

Head-Fier
Hey, I've been lookin through this forum and I found 3 candidate IEMs that are within reach by my budget: im716, Atrio M5, er6i.

I'm really confused on which one to get. I have never used IEMs before, and wutever I buy, it'll be an upgrade from a Senn PX100. I will be using the IEM primarily with my iAudio X5.

I usually listen to classic rock, indie rock, punk rock, hardcore punk, and some alternative hip hop. I would like a good amount of bass, but not overwhelming. I want to be able to wear the IEMs comfortably and use them during transportation (ie around college campus). Suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jun 1, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 7
Honestly I don't think you can beat a PX 100 with these IEMS, but If I had to oose one, FS Atrio M5 would be the one
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Novacane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I forgot to add the shure e3c onto that list. I'm wondering how satisfactory those would be.

Pretty happy with mine, driven off an 8GB iPod Nano (not sure how that correlates to your player). 26ohm, easy to drive, nice bass (not overdone but not weak) and never harsh / bright like I found the ER4S (even with a good amp) to be.

That said, I'm actually been considering upgrading to UE10s lol, so if you want to pick up a cheap used E3c to try throw me a PM...

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:14 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...the iM716 really needs an amp to shine.

Word! if u do spend the requisite effort to source, amp and overcome fit/seal issues (and maybe a podectomy), u might get a ear2ear smile. my modded iM716 does it for me so much so i've sold most of my home rig incld. a HD600. the only upgrade left is its elder brethen - Ety ER4p/s (which i've just bought and hopefully is on its merryway). YMMV ofcoz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back