IEM for my iPhone 4s
Oct 19, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #31 of 51

Quote:
I own an LG optimus. You clearly never touch your phone, because at a full charge my 1500mAh battery only gets 3-4 hours of moderate use
The only way my phone breaks 10+ hours is when im not using it as a pocket PC which is just about never.

I also have experience with the nexus s and several droid-line phones and they get ever worse battery life. Its at the point to where I have to carry four additional batteries whenever I get away from somewhere I can actively charge the phone.

You are kidding me i hope?
You do realise I am the video maker for flashing SGS ROM's?
I think I would know what I'm saying :wink:

This was back on froyo, now GB is even better

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #32 of 51

Quote:
Android is good mobile OS ( as is IOS if that's more to your taste ), but I don't know of any Android phone that has better battery life than an Iphone.  You might get better idle time with a custom rom that undervolts and underclocks the processor, but once you actually start using it as a smartphone, it burns through battery quick.

The fact of the matter is, I can have 10 batteries to your one.
1 v 1 mine will still last longer, but let alone that, take the time factor, and my battery over a year will degrade just like yours, but the main difference here being is that i CAN REPLACE MINE, whilst you can't (unless you rip open your iphone)

In other words I carry around 2 batteries on me and last 2x longer than any iPhone user could ever imagine :wink:
Oh and I forgot: Tethering - Mobile AP
I use it all the time.

To be honest, 2 people could go on and on about iphone and android users.
Long story short, what do you want:
-Iphone 4 = Simple, a 5year old could use the phone, and locked down OS, and forced to use itunes and other iiiii products?
-SGS1 = Complex, replaceable battery, not forced in using any external programs (i open my phone as a usb and drag and drop), very customisable and can be changed to anything you want, even to look like an iphone (lol), cheaper to buy, better connectivity, better screen

EDIT:
And when i say complex, i mean an idiot couldn't use android.
My dad has a SGS2, and doesn't even own a computer
My mum has a SGS1
I have a SGS1

3 samsung's in one family lol

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #34 of 51
Back to topic. I think the OP should also get something with mic and remote control, that could help the selections. I think s4i has that.

Oct 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #38 of 51

What color are you wanting now and what budget?
Quote:
Do you recommend a good one? Oh yea, I don't want white anymore :wink: So that should help

Oct 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #39 of 51
Color doesn't really matter anymore, just care about the performance. But for the looks I don't want a cheap looking one either lol..
Budget about around $150, can be above but not over $200
Mic is greatly appreciated since I'll be using my iphone, even without that'd be fine.
Treble and bass, I know some of you might not believe this, but I have never knew what treble is, but at least I know what bass is! :)
I want it to be punchy but not muddy, I love bass. I listen to trance/dubstep/pop/house/mac miller. 

Oct 19, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #40 of 51

Quote:
Color doesn't really matter anymore, just care about the performance. But for the looks I don't want a cheap looking one either lol..Budget about around $150, can be above but not over $200
Mic is greatly appreciated since I'll be using my iphone, even without that'd be fine.
Treble and bass, I know some of you might not believe this, but I have never knew what treble is, but at least I know what bass is! :)I want it to be punchy but not muddy, I love bass. I listen to trance/dubstep/pop/house/mac miller. 

Treble is the high frequency sound.
Steer away from Etymotic or any IEMs that are described as have balanced or analytic sound - those usually don't have a whole lot of bass.  But do keep in mind most IEMs appreciated here may sound less bassy than the cheaper mainstream IEMs, because mainstream ones usually have bloated but muddy bass.
Klipsch Image s4i is still a decent choice at slightly below $100.  Some people like the sound, some people hate it - do more research on s4 and you'll see.  Besides, it comes in black or white, and spelled with the same letters as iPhone4s.
There are many threads on iphone-compatible headsets, you can search for them.  You should also find out if you want single-button control, or three-buttons control.
On the more expensive side, probably over your budget, there's Sennheiser ie8i;  Monster has Turbine Pro Gold (which is bassier than Copper) with ControlTalk; Ultimate Ears has triple.fi 10vi.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #41 of 51

Quote:
Treble is the high frequency sound.
Steer away from Etymotic or any IEMs that are described as have balanced or analytic sound - those usually don't have a whole lot of bass.  But do keep in mind most IEMs appreciated here may sound less bassy than the cheaper mainstream IEMs, because mainstream ones usually have bloated but muddy bass.
Klipsch Image s4i is still a decent choice at slightly below $100.  Some people like the sound, some people hate it - do more research on s4 and you'll see.  Besides, it comes in black or white, and spelled with the same letters as iPhone4s.
There are many threads on iphone-compatible headsets, you can search for them.  You should also find out if you want single-button control, or three-buttons control.
On the more expensive side, probably over your budget, there's Sennheiser ie8i;  Monster has Turbine Pro Gold (which is bassier than Copper) with ControlTalk; Ultimate Ears has triple.fi 10vi.

How about the Monster Turbines Regular one? 

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #42 of 51

Quote:
How about the Monster Turbines Regular one? 

That's fine too.  The listing price of the regular Turbine with ControlTalk seems high though.  A standard Turbine (without ControlTalk) is around $70 on sale.  But beware of fake ones though.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #43 of 51
I don't know about the turbines. I just listened to mine and all I heard was bass. Maybe its because I use the GR07 as my main IEM, or my pair is defective. Either way, I sent it back to monster for a replacement. I suggest trying out smaller priced IEMs first like the Meelectronics M6. I believe that it will give you a good idea on the type of sound signature you prefer. The M6 has strong, punchy, and fairly tight bass and an energetic treble. It might be just want you want in an earphone. The M6P version has a mic and controls as well.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #45 of 51

Quote:
Are the sales on Amazon?

Yeah, a few times this year, along with some other online vendors too.  You can track amazon price history here: http://camelcamelcamel.com/Monster-Turbine-High-Performance-In-Ear-Speakers/product/B001LNO722
But I don't recall ever seeing the ControlTalk version on sale.
You can also check Monster Outlet if you want to try your luck: http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp
But be warned, the Turbine, especially the early standard ones, are not known for its durability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back