iem for metallica
Sep 13, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 12
Something fast. ER-4P, PFE, RE0(?), or any other fast IEM. Bloat or sluggish drivers kills thrash metal.

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 12
Just metallica? uhh, i guess a pair of etymotic would give you nice high end for that kind of stuff. They might sound too flat and sharp for other kinds of music, but if that's all you listen to then I bet you would like them.

Sep 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by elk0019 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
re0 are you sure? i thought they were best for more laid back music like jazz and such

I think the RE0 is one of the most versatile IEMs on the market. The incredible detail, speed, and balance is what makes them a personal favorite of mine for metal. If you're a basshead you may find them lacking, but I like them just fine.

Sep 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #9 of 12
Metallica sound great with my Westone 3's and X1060.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #10 of 12
Sennheiser IE7 or IE8. I can clearly hear and enjoy Cliff Burton playing bass. Soundstage is huge and it makes listening to Master Of Puppets very exciting. I have the RE0 and it will disappoint in the bass department but it is very detailed but lacks the impact of the IE7 and IE8. They will need to be fully burned in to get the best out of them.

Sep 14, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Metallica sound great with my Westone 3's and X1060.
smily_headphones1.gif

same here
ksc75smile.gif

i too tried the RE0 (a friend loaned me his for a couple of days) and one of my first tests was Master of Puppets, And Justice for All and Ride the Lightning, and i have to say it performed admirably. a definite recommendation at that price point
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back